one

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

May 29, 1987

"Hey, Tony! You're such a grown man now." Diana smiled brightly at the young Stark. "I can just remember like it was yesterday when I used to change your diaper." They both chuckled.

"It's nice to see you, Diana." Tony smiled as he took the birthday bag out of her hand. "You didn't need to get me anything. I mean, I could literally get anything." He smirked as she nudged his arm to stop.

"Where's your father?" Diana asked, looking around the large living room.

"Not sure, probably off doing something and not caring about me. Like usual." He looked down, sadly.

"Tony, don't say that about your father. You know he's a busy man, and you should appreciate what he's given to you." Diana replied, defending her old friend.

"He's never told me that he loved me. Not once, Diana. He's never even told me that he even liked me."

"Hey, hey. He loves you, he just-"

"Doesn't know how to show it?" Tony finished her sentence. Diana realized out of all the time spent with the Stark family, she never heard Howard say those three words to his only son.

"I wasn't going for that." Diana said.

"Yeah, but you know it's true." Tony said, sadly. "But it's okay, I've already gotten used to it."

"Tony-" Diana began but he soon walked past her and to opened the front door.

★ ★ ★

Diana fluttered her eyes open to see the brightness of the sun shining into her room. She lived in a nice apartment in Soho, New York City. The woman contemplated about getting a place in Brooklyn, but thought it would be best not to. Instead, she decided to live in an area where she never really went to often but to shop and eat once in awhile.

The warrior had a feeling in her stomach, a strange one. It was telling her gut to move back to the United States. She didn't know why, and she was still trying to figure it out. Diana was hoping she would find out soon.

The goddess had an old soul, holding onto the culture of the early 1900's. She loved how there wasn't that much technology everywhere, people actually talked face to face with one another, and took time to see the world. But she understood everything evolves and changes, and she couldn't do anything about it.

She grabbed the circular vinyl placed near the vintage record player on her dresser. She placed the large disc in the center and put the arm of the record player on top of it. This was her routine everyday.