three

★ ★ ★

It was a long time since Diana could remember herself in one of these fancy dresses that were just uncomfortable. She held a thin glass of champagne as she walked and observed her surroundings. It was a very stuffy party, ones that have the classical violins playing in the background with everyone in long dresses and suites. 

Diana waited by the entrance, scouting out everyone who might possibly be Loki. She heard the crowd gasp in horror. The princess turned around to see him using some sort of device on a man's eye. She ran to the evil man with a smirk on his face as the crowd of people ran towards her. Stopping right in front of him, she used her gauntlets under her sleeves on him. He deflected the strong force. 

"Ahh, the Amazon princess. How beautiful you are in person." He walked towards her, calmly transforming into his armor. She ran up with full force, ready to punch but he used the power of his staff to knock her out of the way. 

It took her awhile to regain consciousness. She quickly ran outside grabbing her shield she hid in one of the bushes just incase the fight was taken out of the building. Diana saw a man in a blue suit kneeling under Loki's staff.

"Not today, Loki." She whispered under her breathe as she threw her shield towards him knocking him off balance. He shot at her again but this time he missed. All of the sudden rock music started playing from the quinjet, taking everyone's attention. Iron Man flew into the scene and blew Loki to the ground.

"Make your move, Reindeer Games." Tony said, ending the fight quickly as the man in the blue suit stood by his side. She ran up to the trio and took a closer look at him. Loki surrendered, his armor vanishing.

"Steve?" Diana walked a little closer. She recognized the piercing blue eyes that Steve Rogers had. The warrior was in disbelief at what she was witnessing. Her heart was racing as she started to make out the face of the man. A burst of emotions and adrenaline ran through her body. She thought she was dreaming.

He looked up at her and gulped. For some reason, he just stood there frozen. Just in shock of finally seeing her beautiful face again after waiting all this time. Finally seeing the one he's loved and miss his whole life. He felt his heart pounding out of his chest as she got closer and closer.

"Steve." The princess breathed out and put her hand on her chest. There were tears forming in her eyes. She quickly ran up to him and hugged him. He wrapped his big arms around her thin, built body. It felt so right for both of them to hold each other. They couldn't even believe they would be holding each other after all thats happened between the pair.

This is what they were both waiting for. They finally had each other again.

★ ★ ★

"How? How are you alive? Where have you been?" Diana was questioning as they both touched foreheads in corner of the quinjet. Steve held her smaller hands in his as he smiled to himself.

"It's a lot to explain. I don't think it's the right time since..." He looked over at everyone in the jet. The vibe was uneasy and there was tension. He laughed as they looked up at each other. He cupped her face and brought her lips to his. "I'll explain later."

"Is he saying anything?" Fury asked while on the call with Natasha.

"Not a word." She replied.

"Just get him here. We're low on time." Steve stood by Tony as he glanced at Loki, uneasy.

"I don't like it." Steve said.

"What, Rock of Ages giving up so easily?" Tony said.

"I don't remember it being that easy. This guy packs a wallop."

Diana listened in. He had a point. A literal God gave up just like that to Tony. She knew how much power he was capable of. Diana and Steve knew something was definitely up. 

"Still, you are pretty spry for an older fellow. What's your thing, pilates?" 

"What?" Steve questioned with a puzzled look on his face. Diana giggled to herself quietly.

"It's like calisthenics. You might have missed a couple of things doing time as a Capsicle." That's the Tony Diana remembered. The one who would always joke around and make fun of you at the same time.

"Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in."

"Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you." 

All of the sudden there were flashes of lightning and thunder coming from the clouds above them. "Where's this coming from?" Natasha said, worried.

Everyone looked up as the quinjet rocked a little.

"What's the matter? Are you scared of a little lightning?" Cap said looking at Loki.

"I'm not overly fond of what follows." 

The jet shook violently this time, putting everyone on edge. The trio got into action quickly. Tony opened up the back of the quinjet after placing his helmet on his head.

"What are you doing?" Steve yelled over the commotion. 

A man with long blond hair entered and stomped his way over to Tony, hitting his hammer at him. He landed to the ground as Diana ran over to help him up. The mysterious good looking man grabbed Loki by the throat and flew away into the gray clouds. 

"And now there's that guy." Tony groaned, ready to go back and fight.

★ ★ ★

April 16, 2020