five

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

Loki was walking back and forth in his glass cage, thinking hard. He stopped in his tracks and smiled.

"There's not many people who can sneak up on me." The evil man turned to look at the two women, Diana and Natasha.

"But you figured we would come." Natasha said standing upright and tall.

"After." He stood there creepily, watching them. There was something so cynical about the man Diana couldn't quite figure out. "After whatever tortures Fury can concoct, you two would appear as a friend, as a balm. And I would cooperate."

"Stop with the bullshit, Loki." Natasha said sternly.

"We want to know what you have done to Agent Barton." Diana huffed out. She was standing strong, with her arms crossed around her body.

"I would say I've expanded his mind." Loki replied. Diana furrowed her eyebrows and Natasha tilted her head. She could feel the redhead's blood boiling.

"And once you've won, once you're king of the mountain, what happen to his mind?" She walked to his glass cage.

"Oh... Is this love, Agent Romanoff?" He smiled

"Love is for children. I owe him a debt." Black Widow replied. Diana wondered what happened between those two. Was there actually something going on between them? She knew the two cared for each other and were very close.

"Tell me."

"Well, I got on SHIELDS radar in a bad way." Natasha turned around towards Diana and sat down. Diana was surprised to hear that she would tell her story to their own enemy, but she was intrigued to hear what happened. "He was sent to kill me, but he made a different call."

"And what will you do if I vow to spare him?"

"Not let you out-"

"Oh no, but I like this." He grinned. "Your world in the balance and you bargain for one man. You humans are ridiculous, foolish."

"I got red in my ledger. I'd like to wipe it out."

"Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Are you a really good person? Barton told me everything. Your ledger is dripping. It's gushing red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything? This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child at prayer. Pathetic!" Loki spat out of his mouth. The warrior could feel the tension rising and rising. His sight left the redhead and looked straight into Diana's.