nine

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

"We've got Stark up top. He's going to needs us to-" Steve was cut out by the sound of a motorcycle coming towards them. A small man with nice clothing jumped off it.

"Banner." Diana smiled as the whole group ran up to him.

"So, this all seems horrible."

"I've seen worse." Nat added.

"Sorry." Bruce apologized, looking longingly at her.

"No, we could use a little worse." She clarified as a smirk appeared on her face.

"Tell Banner to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you." Stark said as they looked at the sky and saw Tony with a large leviathan following right behind him.

"Glad to have you back, Banner." Di patted him on the back, satisfied that everyone was here.

"I don't see how that's a party."

The leviathan was close to the ground, ruining everything in its way. Everyone was getting tense as they waited but nothing was happening.

"Dr. Banner, now might be a really good time for you to get angry." Steve suggested as it came closer and closer. 

"That's my secret, Captain. I'm always angry." Banner said, letting go of his regular self and embracing the Hulk. He grew into his green monster self, punching the leviathan right in the face. It began to fall backwards, right onto the team.

"Hold on!" Stark shouted, shooting a rocket at the back of it. They all took cover, Steve covering himself and Nat, Di covering herself and Clint, and Thor shielding himself from the big explosion. The team avoided the huge creature as it fell onto the concrete.

Screeching could be heard all around the city as the Chitauri roared in the leviathan's defeat, but Hulk roared back in victory. Tony landed down between Hulk and Diana as the whole team got ready for another attack.

Steve and Diana looked around then at each other. She grinned, still not believing any of this is real. She didn't think she would ever be going into battle with the love of her life by her side. 

"Guys." The surreal moment was quickly over as more leviathans came out of the sky.

"Call it, Captain." Stark announced.

"All right, listen up. Until we can close that portal, our priority is containment. Barton, I want you on that roof. Eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash."