Chapter 11 - Was That Ten Minutes Already?

Nichole and I drove to school using Brandon's car today. I was the one driving and Nichole was riding shotgun.

     How did we get his car? Simple.

     Since both of them lost the bet last night, Nichole and I took custody of their rewards. I got Brandon's car, and Nichole got free lunch for a week from Leo.

       "This is why we're awesome," I said as I drove our way to school. The boys were sitting at the back, quiet as ever. I don't know if they were sulking or praying for their lives. I was a good driver.

    In my own way.

       "They can never say no to us," Nichole smugly added. I laughed. It was true. When we insisted that we deserved the rewards since they both screamed at the same time - thus a tie - they strongly disagreed. But when I showed them the picture I secretly took when Leo was changing Brandon's jeans, they gave in.

     I knew this precious picture would come in handy.

     When we arrived at school, Brandon opened his hand at me, probably asking for the keys. I smiled sweetly at him before shoving it in my pockets. "This is mine for a week. I'll return it then."

     His face paled. Leo and Nichole already went ahead - Leo was still on the process of convincing his girlfriend that he'd pay for just half the price of the lunch, not the whole thing. He was such a cheap bastard as always.

      As we made our way to our lockers, we bumped into a certain person. And when I say bumped, I meant I headbutted the other person with maximum force.

     I can proudly say my head was harder than his chest.

     And guess who it was?

     I was still rubbing my forehead (it didn't hurt. I just did it for effect) when I noticed who the person standing in front of me was. He had a blank expression on his face. Speechless, I think. I gave him my best grin upon waving my hand.

       "Samuel! I see your injuries are healed now," I noted. The black eye I gave him weeks ago already faded away, and his face was good as normal.

     Brandon stepped forward, studying the boy. Realization hit him and then he gave him a friendly pat on the shoulder. "You're Samuel Ink, one of her many poor victims. I sympathize with you."

     I stepped on his foot with my heel, causing him to wince and utter a short yelp, before I glanced at Samuel, expecting at least a reply from him.

     I may sound ridiculous but I don't hold grudges. I want to make peace with my victims after every (one-sided) fight.

       "Yeah, I'm alright now," he said. I almost sighed in relief when I noticed his tone had no hint of sarcasm, hatred or fear. It was normal. As if I didn't just beat him up before.

       "Good." I said, taking his hand and shaking it. "We'll be friends now right? But if you bother Nichole again - "

       "It was a misunderstanding," he interrupted. I blinked at him. He slowly took his hand back and slid it inside the pocket of his jacket. He looked down as he continued. "I didn't mean to hurt her. It's all just a misunderstanding. I'm sorry."

     I raised a brow. Now I was curious.

       "Then what really happened?"

     It took him half a minute to reply. And his reply was a sigh. Well, way to arouse our suspicion.

     He shook his head before he stared at me for a few seconds. I just noticed how green his eyes were. They were like emeralds. "Sorry. See ya."