Chapter 3 - My Special Technique, Mira Kick!

School again. Ugh.

     I used my hair to cover up the certain marks around my neck down to my collarbone. I was suddenly thankful I hadn't cut it short yet.

     At school everything was a normal day for everybody. Well, in my case, I looked like I was having a normal day too, except my brain was driving me nuts with my rather motivated killing intent.

     I casually walked across the hallways, scanning the crowd if there were any signs of a certain douchebag. None. Was he hiding?

       "Mira!" Leo and Nichole both jogged towards me.

       "What?" I asked, a bit distracted. I walked to my locker as the two of them followed me from behind. 

     Leo stood in front of me, blocking me from my locker, eyes pleading with guilt. "I'm so sorry about last night. I didn't expect Brandon to do that. He just really can't stand spicy food and - "

       "Where is he?" I asked, my tone probably sounded villainous because Nichole winced. "If he wants to apologize then he'd better tell me himself. Don't apologize for him."

     He was about to say something else but stopped himself when he realized I was right. Slowly, he got out of my way and let me stuff my things in my locker. After I was through I slammed it shut and walked away. They were still following me.

       "It's partly my fault for leaving you two, so I'm sorry too," Nichole said. I stopped in my tracks and faced my best friends, giving them a reassuring smile. These two worry too much. And that's why I love them to death.

       "None of this is your fault. Okay? It's Brandon's. Now I need to find him and offer him my gratitude for doing that to me last night." I ruffled their hairs. Nichole didn't complain like she usually would. Leo nodded his head.

       "Are you gonna beat him up? You can, if you think he deserves it."

     A very nice and tempting suggestion. But no. "I'm just gonna talk to him. Even if I can't stand his ugly face and intolerable voice."

       "Who's the ugly face?" My head quickly snapped behind my shoulder when I was sure who it was.

     Brandon.

     He even had the guts to stand so close behind me.

     I turned around and faced him directly, hiding my clenched fists inside my pockets. Don't. Punch. Him.

     He tilted his head a bit, never leaving my eyes for a second, and then he grinned at me.

       "Is my voice that hot that you'd deem it intolerable?" He folded his arms as his eyes studied me curiously.

     I couldn't hold back my glare. Instead of pounding him like the uncivilized gorilla I was, I decided to act civilized and just looked at him with expecting eyes. Who knows, this might do me good.

       "Let's talk." He finally said, seriously.

       "Fine by me." I replied. He tilted his head to a certain direction and I nodded stiffly. He went ahead as I smiled at my best friends again, reassuring them that I was gonna be alright, and it was Brandon they should be worried about.

     And pray he'll live until last period.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°