Chapter 33 - Another Horrible Day For Horrible Me

"Where are they?!" Nichole grabbed Sam's collar as soon as she found him. We arrived at school just a few seconds ago. We literally just jumped off the bed and ran back to school regardless of how we looked right now.

     Turns out it was a pretty good decision that Nichole and I decided to skip classes after lunch. The teachers didn't hold a discussion and just gave the class time to study. Of course, that meant no attendance, and no class.

     But that's not what we came back here for. From afar, it looked like Nichole was threatening Sam for her boyfriend's location. Ironic, because just a few months ago, it was her who was helpless against him over that little misunderstanding.

       "Where?!" She repeated impatiently.

       "P-Pool!" He stuttered, looking surprised at Nichole's sudden outburst. Or maybe he was surprised to see our shitty appearances. Dude, we didn't even bother fixing our hairs. Or put on a hint of make up to cover up our swollen eyes.

     She released him from her clutches and then grabbed my hand. We raced towards the pool, both feeling anxious. Why would Brandon and Leo fight? What happened after we left?

     And what would change even if we came here? Both of them were ignoring us for the time being. Everything's just getting better and better huh? Nice, life.

     When we got to the pool, a lot of noise echoed throughout the place. The fight was already over, but they were still arguing about something we couldn't understand. It was Leo's voice that was overthrowing everyone else's. He sounded so pissed.

     Their team mates were holding Brandon's shoulders from one side, and Leo's on the opposite side. They looked like two bulls getting ready to charge at each other.

     Leo's face was flushed in anger, and his eye was getting swollen. It won't be long until he gets a black eye. And Brandon. He got himself a cut on his lower lip and a purple bruise on his cheek.

     Nichole and I dived into the crowd of shirtless (and wet) guys. She went straight to Leo, and me to Brandon. When they saw us arrive, they looked like they were shot cold-blood. I don't know. Did we look that shitty for them to react like that?

     Emma was outside the crowd, looking frantic and close to tears. Her eyes lit up when she saw us. "I tried to stop them, but they wouldn't listen to me."

       "It's okay," I told her, trying to reassure her. It wasn't her fault. None of this is her fault.

       "What the hell is wrong with you?" Nichole demanded, slightly pushing Leo's chest. His team mates slowly let go of them and let us handle things from here. "Why are you doing this?"

     Leo spared her a quick glance before looking away. He had that pained, guilty expression on his face, the same one Nichole had when she told me about their fight.

       "Nothing." He said.

       "Nothing?" She repeated incredulously. And then she grabbed his face; he winced from the pain. "This is nothing? You think I'm stupid?"

     Leo sighed heavily through his nostrils as he sent Brandon a heated glare. I pushed Brandon back in case he'd do anything stupid, but thankfully he was smart enough to resist the urge to hit his best friend.

     I was just keeping him from killing Leo, which I know he was more than capable of, even though it seemed unlikely. Or I think.

     I didn't dare look at him. I'm afraid he'll give me a cold stare. Or a glare.