Chapter 20 - I Want To Know Potato

"I go to you myself with the kindness of my heart to help you sort things out in your head because I thought you cried by yourself the whole day, but what did I come home to?" Nichole scolded, disbelief and mock laughter in her tone.

"A burning sight that's seriously making me consider replacing my eyes?" Leo suggested, hoping to calm her down.

Stupid. He'd still remember it even if he does something as crazy as replace his eyes. But if he tries to replace his brain instead, I'd vouch for him.

Nichole completely ignored him. She gestured to both me and Brandon. "I come home to see my best friend pressed on a manslut, both half-naked and getting it on. Actually, I'm pretty darn glad I walked in in that moment instead of the finale."

Leo cringed. "Uh, don't make me imagine it again."

I was blushing furiously. Oh God. This was the worst. Why didn't we lock the door. Gosh. So stupid.

"Sorry..." I said in a tiny voice. Despite the guilt and utter embarrassment, I was relieved that Nichole was talking to me again. She didn't talk to me at school for nearly four hours. And yeah, between the two of us, that's already a big deal.

I'm glad she got mad for me. It just shows how much she cares. And I don't mind her scolding me for being so dumb.

She nodded, looking stubborn but I know she already forgave me. Then she looked at Brandon, expecting an apology from him too, maybe. He didn't do anything, I think he didn't get what Nichole meant when she was raising a brow at him.

I elbowed him, my eyes focused on my mother of a best friend. He awkwardly cleared his throat, finally understanding what I meant. "Oh. Um. Yeah, sorry I said those things to Mira. I already apologized to her."

Nichole nodded again, pleased. And then Brandon opened his mouth again. "You should apologize too. You walked in at a very intimate moment."

I lowered my head to conceal my cheeks. Damn why isn't this guy embarrassed to say this stuff? I know he was just pulling a joke to lighten up the mood but still.

I heard Leo groan, being the drama queen that he was. Nichole sighed heavily.

"Look, I don't care what you guys are gonna do or where this silly game of yours is headed, but Brandon, just know that if you hurt my best friend again, I'll cut you."

She was looking at him with a dangerous glint in her eye. She was serious as hell. I hid a small smile. I love her so much.

Brandon obediently nodded until Leo cut in.

"And to guarantee there's no bias here, Mira, if you hurt Brandon here for some stupid reason too, I'll..."

He looked up as if to think of a safe word to use on me. Choose wisely, fool. "I'll pinch your face so hard you won't feel it for a day."

"What!" Brandon complained. "That's not fair!"

I stuck my tongue out. Being a girl had its perks.

"The point is," Nichole said, leading the conversation to an end. "Just know when to stop. Okay? I love you guys, and I don't want our friendship to go to waste because of that game. Alright?"

At that moment I had a tugging feeling of uncertainty, some ominous or some sort. I don't know. Maybe it was my intuition, or maybe I was just thinking too much again.

Nonetheless, Brandon and I looked at each other before we returned our gazes at our best friends.

In order not to drag this tiny issue any further, we both nodded our heads in agreement.