Chapter 16 - Kicking And Nursing Potatoes

I laid my head on Brandon's arm as I made myself comfortable on the bed of grass. We were both lying on the grass. Quite carefree if I may add.

     Annoying pointy grass poked my back a few times, so I shuffled around to avoid them. Ugh.

       "Stop moving around so much," he mumbled. I continued what I was doing as if I didn't hear.

     After I made out with him, we called it even. I didn't have to feel guilty about anything anymore.

     Or so I say.

     I groaned in frustration when another blade of grass pricked me. It was itchy. Brandon wrapped his free arm around me, holding me still. From afar, it looked like he was side-hugging me.

       "Stop it, you worm," he quipped. I scoffed at his not-so-pleasant remark.

       "The grass is bothering me," I complained.

       "It'll bother you more once it's gone forever."

       "Don't be a smart ass," I punched his side. "You know what I mean."

     He snickered before moving closer to me, nuzzling in my hair. The contact made me stiffen a bit. It's strange how it still affects me. "Well I'm comfortable as we are now."

     I'll bet.

       "Brandon." I dulled my tone.

       "What?" He asked, obviously concealing his amusement. "Would you prefer taking a nap in my bed instead?"

     I looked up to meet the expected smirk. I wanted to stay mad at him, but my traitorous mouth twitched up into a smile. I knew pretty damn well what he meant.

       "What do you mean nap," I said flatly. "Lunch is almost over. We need to get back to class."

     He stretched his arms in the middle of my sentence and groaned, his eyes were closed the whole time. "Let's skip."

       "What? No." I replied as I tried to sit up and escape, but he continued holding me still. Now I'm trapped by a stubborn potato and with blades of grass raping my butt.

       "Let's go to my place."

     I stared at him, not at all amused. "Brandon."

       "I still can't forgive you enough," he sighed, pushing my head to his chest, making it harder for me to escape his potato grip.

       "What?!" I complained, trying to push him away. "But you said - "

       "I'm not done with you yet." He cut me off. Now I'm getting annoyed. Why is he acting so high and mighty now?!

     I groaned loudly, my voice muffled because my mouth was stuck to his chest - which I wouldn't complain about if he didn't have his shirt on.

     What.

     Erase. Brain, erase all that. Clear. Delete. Forget. Die.

       "What do you want from me?" I said, a little hopelessly.

     My head. No. Stop thinking about him shirtless. Aah.

     Damn it.

       "I wanna do something to you." He replied, slowly.

     My mind went blank, and then it got filled with all the not-so-pure thoughts in the world. Brain, stop that this instant.

     He threw his leg over my body and then pulled me up to meet his face. I have to maintain a cool expression, like I'm not affected or anything.