Chapter 2 - Too Hot To Handle, Too Cool To Resist

A/N: Banner by charms1201! Emma Watson as Mira Jadsen. :D 

________________________________________________

    Nichole was all dolled up. She wore a yellow blouse and a white flowy skirt that trailed just above her knees. Her hair was pulled up into a neat ponytail and the end was curled into perfection.

     She looked so excited as she patted her face with some light make-up and I was a bit envious at how lovely she looked.

       "Do I look okay?" She asked as she twirled around, her skirt flaring ever so slightly when she did.

     I smiled. "Do you have to ask? You're beautiful. Leo's gonna flip."

     She laughed quietly as she observed my choice of clothing. I wasn't at all conscious but I wasn't at all confident as well.

     I wore a gray V-neck shirt, a pair of dark jeans and my beloved pair of sneakers. I let my hair fall down into big waves behind my back. Soft bangs framed my face making me look more feminine. My clothes weren't that fashionable but I'll manage to carry it in a way to make it look a bit more attractive.

     I stopped in my thoughts.

     Who was I trying to impress anyway? I was just going out to dinner with my two best friends. And a guy I hardly knew.

       "You're gorgeous Mira," Nichole poked my rib. "I'd kill for a body like that."

       "Ha-ha," I laughed sarcastically. "Are you done?"

       "Just a sec," she mumbled. She took out a small bottle of perfume from her purse and sprayed it all over her neck down to her clothes.

     When she saw that I was looking at her weirdly, she took another bottle of perfume and surprised me by spraying it on me.

       "Ugh! No! Yuck!" I whined as I swatted the bottle away. She kept laughing as I sniffed myself and made a sour expression. "Nichole! You know I hate perfume!"

       "Oh c'mon Mira!" She returned her things to her drawer. "Brandon will be there. You need to make a good impression! Who knows, he'll - "

       "No," was my immediate answer. "Nothing's gonna happen between us. I'm just going because of you guys and because of the free food. I'll probably ignore him for the rest of the evening."

     She was already used to my stubbornness so she didn't have much of a reaction. Instead, she tilted her chin up with her finger and smiled. A very suspicious smile.

       "He's kinda hard to ignore though. And since it's you, he might make a move as soon as you two are introduced."

     I laughed internally. She doesn't know about the silent glares we've been exchanging for the past few months.

       "Can we go now?" I asked, rubbing my shirt with my hands, an attempt to rub off the smell of perfume as well.

    It was a futile attempt.

       "Let's go," she cheerfully linked her arm with mine.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

       "You're late," Nichole had a stern expression on her face as Leo stood in front of our table.

       "No, you're just too early," he tried to joke but the humor died quickly because Nichole glared at him. "I'm sorry! It's because Brandon was taking too long in the shower!"