9

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

y/n POV

"l/n-chan, how did you get Bokuto to calm down so quickly. You're like Akaashi," Kuroo says surprised, "Even I can't calm him down that easily and I've known him since middle school."

"I'm not sure, I just told him I'll be watching him. Akaashi-kun, is the one who figured out what was bothering him. It's probably because I'm so amazing," I joke.

"That's true, you are amazing," Kuroo says looking right at me.

I blush a little at what he said. I'm not sure why.

"I was just joking Kuroo-kun."

"And I wasn't," he says as he walks onto the court.

Hearing him say that made me blush even harder. I hid my face in the notebook, but of course Lev pointed it out.

"l/n-san, are you okay you're face is red." he asks with concern.

"Yep, I'm just feeling a little hot, so my cheeks are red. It'll go away soon," I lie. That was so embarrassing. Someone needs to teach him when not to speak, but at least it shows he cares.

The match started with Kuroo serving the ball. It was received by Fukurōdani and the rally ended with Fukurōdani earning the point. The set continued like this, Nekoma was doing good, but Fukurōdani was doing better. Everyone was at the top of their game, especially Bokuto, who seemed to want to show off. Kuroo was able to block some of his powerful spikes, which scared me, my arms would've flown off, but Fukurōdani ended up taking the set.

I handed the boys their water bottles and towels as they rested on the bench. While on break, Kenma discussed strategy and gave instructions to the players. I never knew Kenma was this analytical, it was surprising to find out he was the brain of the team. I take their water bottles and towels backs as they get ready to play the next set.

This set went around the same as the first one, as much as they tried, Nekoma couldn't stop Bokuto from scoring points and eventually Fukurōdani took the set again.

Now that the match was over, I hoped the notes I took were good enough to be helpful. They boys walked over and I handed them their water bottles and towels while mentioning how they did a good job. I wasn't lying though, they came close to winning one of the sets, and made it set point, but at the end Fukurōdani was just stronger than them.

"You guys played pretty well, I gave my notes to Naoi sensei so he is going to be talking to you before the match with Nohebi. I can help anyone with stretching if they need that," I said.

"It's like we have a real manager," Inouka said.

"L/N-SENPAI PLEASE MOVE TO NEKOMA SO WE CAN HAVE A MANAGER," Yamamoto begs.

"Oi, don't be stupid, she can't just leave schools like that," Kuroo says.

"Man, it is nice having a manager, I'll miss this," Yaku says

"HEY STOP BRAGGING THAT L/N-CHAN IS YOUR MANAGER FOR TODAY," Bokuto yells from across the gym.

"YOU HAVE TWO MANAGERS, YOU DIDN'T NEED ANOTHER ONE, WE DID YOU HORNED OWL BASTARD." Kuroo yells back.

"SHUT UP KUROO, YOU'RE UNINVITED FROM HANGING OUT AFTER PRACTICE."

"YOU CAN'T UNINVITE THE PERSON WHO ORGANIZED IT, YOU AIRHEAD."

"Okay, that's enough, you owls and kitties have been way too loud. Don't forget NOHEBI is hosting these practice matches, and they're not over yet," Daishō reminds them.

They each apologize for the disturbance and go back to their team. Bokuto earns a kick from Konoha and Kuroo gets one from Yaku. I smile and listen in on Nekomata sensei discussing the strategy against Nohebi.

The match starts with Daishō's serve and the rally ends with a point for Nekoma. I watch intently to ensure I don't mess up the notes. As I'm watching I notice how Nohebi functions, I know our mascot is a snake but damn, they take it to another level. Provoking the other team, while acting like a goody-two shoes to the ref. It's kinda impressive how they're able to keep that up, but still annoying.

Nekoma takes the first set from them, and Nohebi takes the second. Both teams were feeling tired, you could see it on their faces, but neither wanted to lose. They were taking this practice match very seriously.

Nekoma ended up winning the final set. I smiled and congratulated them as I handed them their water bottles and towels.

"You guys did a good job," I smiled.

They all smiled back and waiting for feedback from Naoi sensei and Nekomata sensei. Afterwards, they started getting ready to leave and go back.

"You're still up for hanging out right?" Kuroo asked me.

"Yea, unless you are too tired,"

"Nope, I'm good, Bokuto should be okay too. Kenma said he didn't want to come, he was too tired, but Akaashi said he would come."

"Omg I almost forgot," I went to my bag and pulled out energy drinks and snacks for after workouts, "I brought these for you guys,"

"l/n-san, you didn't have to," Kai says.

"No no, it's okay go on, everyone take some. I brought extra as well,"

"L/N-SAN WHY COULDN'T YOU BE OUR MANAGER?" Yamamoto cries.

I laugh, "I'm sorry Yamamoto-kun,"

"HEY HEY HEY, are those snacks," Bokuto says walking over.

"Yes Bokuto-kun, I brought some for all the teams. Daishō-san, please come and get the snacks for your team." I call out.

I hand a bag of snacks to both Daishō and Bokuto and they carry it back to their team after thanking me.

"l/n-chan, wasn't that expensive?" Kuroo asks.

"No it's okay, they were extra stock anyways, no one really buys energy drinks at our store anyways," I reassure him.

"Okay, fine, but you aren't paying for anything when we hang out."

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

"Bye!! It was so nice meeting you all. I can't wait to see you at the spring tournament!" I say waving to Nekoma and Fukurōdani.

Akaashi, Bokuto and Kuroo were beside me, they weren't too tired to hang out, so they didn't go home with their teams.

"Um we should wash up first before going out, we all brought a change of clothes, and there's a bath house nearby. Could we meet you at your house and then we'll leave?" Akaashi asks.

"Yea of course, I'll text you guys my address."

I was very happy we weren't just going to go straight to hanging out. They are amazing people, but they smell like sweat. Hanging out with them like that would not have been fun. I text them my address and we split up for now. I wave goodbye to them as I walk home to freshen up.

Finally, the moment I've been waiting for all day is almost here.