11

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

y/n POV

"Hurry!! You guys are too slow," I say dragging Kuroo and Bokuto, "I want to get the lane at the very end."

We finally get to the counter and I ask for the bowling lane in the corner. The worker agrees and asks for our shoe sizes. We each tell him and he hands us the appropriate shoes.

"See l/n-chan, you didn't have to rip our arms off to get the lane," Kuroo says.

"Shut up, I saw you block Bokuto's spikes, if your arms didn't fly off then they won't fly off with me dragging them."

"She has a point bro," Bokuto says.

Kuroo pouts and walks dramatically to the lane. The teams were the same as laser tag since Kuroo and I wanted revenge. I was ready to destroy them.

We started and they were all weirdly good. It's probably cause they're just athletic, but I wasn't going to lose. All those bowling games in Wii Sports weren't in vain. I went to bowl, took a deep breath, and rolled the ball towards the pins.

It went to the sides. I didn't even hit one pin down.

The walk back was so embarrassing, I just stared at the ground the entire time. As the game continued, we were in the lead somehow, even with my terrible bowls, but the last round was the deciding factor. We were only five points away from each other, and it was Akaashi's turn and then mine. Akaashi was weirdly good, like even better than everyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if he easily got those points.

He walked up and scored 10 points. A strike, in the last round. He smirked at me as he went to sit down.

I was enraged, maybe I was taking this too seriously but I didn't care. I was going to win. With the mindset of winning, I walked up and prepared to bowl. I was ready, I took a deep breath, heard the squeaks of the shoes hit the floor and lifted my arm as I got ready to go.

I got a strike.

Me, the worst bowling player and a strike.

I looked at the lane and kept staring at the absence of pins before Bokuto's voice brought me back to reality.

"Wow l/n-chan, you beat us. I thought we won this one too," he says frowning.

I walk back and say, "Who do you think I am Bokuto-kun, I don't lose."

"But we lost in laser tag," Kuroo says.

"Cause you sacrificed me, that was your fault," I say sticking me tongue out.

"Are you really a third year," Akaashi jokes.

I grab my heart pretending to be hurt, "Akaashi-kun, how could you say that about your senpai?"

"Okay okay, Ms. I don't lose, let's go play something else. That employee is giving us death glares," Kuroo says pushing my back.

We return our shoes and go back main area of the building, the area with all the arcade games. We split up because Bokuto wanted to play the racing games with Akaashi, and I wanted to play the shooting games and Kuroo followed me to 'make sure I didn't cause any trouble.'

We walk over to a first person shooter game and decide to play that one first. It just looked cool so I thought I'd give it a shot. Kuroo decided to try it too and selected the two player mode. It was a lot easier than I expected. Both Kuroo and I were doing a really good job, if it stayed like this, we'd be able to get a lot of tickets. We ended up getting a high score and earning a spot on the top ten leaderboard.

I smile at Kuroo and grab our tickets, we walk around some more and play a couple other games before we decide to find Bokuto and Akaashi.

We found them playing a dancing game and they were killing it. A small crowd formed around them as they continued jumping around to hit the arrows. Once the song ended, the crowd started clapping and dispersed after seeing they weren't going to play another song.

"I didn't know you guys could dance," I say.

"I mean, it's not really dancing, it's just hitting the arrows in the bottom," Akaashi says.

"Akaaashii don't be so lame, it was dancing," Bokuto says rolling his eyes.

"We were thinking on heading back now, it's kinda late," Kuroo says.

"Yea Bokuto and I were just about to find you, well after the song ended."

We went to the prize centre, but none of us had enough tickets to get the cool prizes. I saw this cute black cat plushie, but it was too many tickets. We start to exit the arcade when Kuroo declares that needs to use the washroom and that since he's the organizer, we must listen to him and wait. He's so dramatic sometimes.

Kuroo came back minutes later carrying something.

"Here, for you," he says handing me the black cat plushie, "I saw you eyeing it so I asked Akaashi and Bokuto for their tickets so we could get it for you. Sort of like a thank you for the snacks from earlier."

"Omg thank you so much," I say hugging the plushie, "It's so cute."

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

We get off the train at our stop and start walking back to my house. By now, the sun started to set and the sky was filled with beautiful pinks and purples.

We got back to my house and they boys came in to grab their bags. My parents were still at the convenience store and I was very grateful for that. They knew I was hanging out with friends, but I didn't tell them it was three boys. They wouldn't be happy about that.

"Are you guys sure you don't wanna eat something?" I ask.

"Yea it's okay l/n-chan, we should be getting home anyways, it's almost dark," Kuroo says.

"Okay but make sure you text me when you get home. I wanna make sure all of you are safe."

"Yes ma'am," Bokuto salutes.

"Okay, well I guess this is bye."

"That was so emotional, we still live in the same city," Kuroo laughs.

"I know I know, but still, we all go to different schools. Make sure you guys continue to text in the group chat," I say.

I didn't wanna lose them as friends. Today was the most fun I've had in forever.

"Don't worry l/n-san, we could always go visit your convenience store," Akaashi says giving a small smile.

"Right! Make sure you only go there for snacks. That way you see me and I get money."

They all laugh and walk out the door.

"Good night l/n-san," Akaashi says.

"BYE L/N-CHAN! I'LL TEXT YOU RIGHT WHEN I GET HOME," Bokuto exclaims.

"Good night l/n-chan, we'll be sure to see you at your store." Kuroo smiles.

"I'm going to miss all of you guys. But good night, I'll see you guys later." I say as I smile and wave to them.

I watch as their silhouettes disappear and close the door once they're fully gone and go into my room. I jump onto my bed and hug my new cat plush. Today was definitely better than I expected.