2

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

"Mika-chan, I don't think I can survive another day of English."

"y/n-chan, you're so dramatic, your English is already really good, and your marks are high. you have no reason to complain" she pouts. Mika-chan and I have been friends since elementary school, she's one of my only friends at school filled with snakes.

"She's right l/n-san, you have no reason to complain about English. If we were talking about chemistry, then yes of course. Or I guess now that I think about it, basically any subject other than English you can complain about." Daishou says as he sits down at our table. While I am not fond of Daishou, he is my childhood best friend's boyfriend so I have to tolerate him.

"Suguru! How dare you say that about my y/n-chan, don't forget that her ranking is higher than mine." Mika says as she crosses her arms.

"A-ah Mika-chan I was just joking, I swear"

I start eating my bento as Daishou continues to apologize to Mika. He is so whipped for her, it is very cute though. I am happy he started paying more attention to her. All those late-night volleyball practices and early morning volleyball practices were taking time away from their relationship.

I still remember how sad Mika was. I remember her sobs as she rested her head on my shoulder wondering why she wasn't enough to keep Daishou's attention. She felt like it was her and not Daishou's stupid fault. I kept telling her to leave him, but after she watched one of his games she understood. I thought she was being foolish. Our school had a decent volleyball team, so they were always either going to practice matches or official tournaments. There were times where they just barely made it to nationals.

While I understand having a passion, I do not understand why that passion would force you to hurt someone you love. Daishou's love for volleyball was greater than his love for Mika and that resulted in her tears.

To me, hurting another human to the point where they are weeping uncontrollably is unforgivable, however, whenever I look at Mika and Daishou together, it looks that pain makes their relationship stronger. I know Daishou would never try to hurt Mika again, and if he ever did he knows what I would do to him, but Mika also knows to appreciate Daishou's love for volleyball and supports him. I wish I could be like them, but I know I am petty, and I would be mad if someone constantly ignored me for a sport.

The rest of the day passed the same. I walked home and cooked lunch. I am not much of a chef, so I just heated up leftovers from last night's dinner and ate that as I watched Akudama Drive.

Once I finished eating, I changed into a white, oversized crew neck with l/n convenience embroidered in red just above my heart, and some black skinny jeans. I cuff up my jeans because I don't like the way they fit loosely around my ankles and styled my hair so it's away from my face. I grab my textbooks and homework and leave to go to the convenience store.

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

"Yes, mom I'll be fine, you ask me every time I work, but nothing ever happens. You don't have to worry so much."

"I know, but I still can't help but worry. You sure you'll be fine by yourself?" she asks with concern.

"Yes, I will be fine. Your number is on speed dial," I respond. I appreciate her concern, but she asks this every time I am left alone. Even though I have been working here since I started high school, and I have been helping out since I was a child.

"Okay, then your mom and I will be at home, be safe." my dad says.

I nod my head and wave as they leave the store. I take out my homework and struggle through the problems as I wait for customers.