20

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

y/n POV

Nationals had finally ended. Bokuto's team, and Kuroo's team, did pretty well. I was proud of them, although Bokuto is mad I didn't come to all of his matches. Now he is sulking in the aisles of my parent's convenience store.

"Bo-kun, do you want anything? You can have it for free since you are my favourite ace."

His hair perks up and he turns to face me.

"Really! Also I like Bo-kun, I'll call you (nickname)-chan then," he smiles.

He grabs a bag of barbecue-flavoured chips and opens them.

"So how long have you and Kuroo been dating," he asks.

I almost choke, "What? We're not dating?"

"Oh, I thought you guys were. You call each other by first names and everything," he pouts, "Akaashi and I were wrong."

"Akaashi-kun thought that too?"

"Yea, I feel like everyone thought that, but I guess it's not real."

"What if I did like him though? Do you think I have a chance? You've known him for much longer," I ask looking at the ground.

"YOU LIKE KUROO?" Bokuto asks excitedly.

"No, it was a hypothetical."

"Okay 'hYpOtHeTiCaL' I say go for it. I mean I really thought you were dating, so I think likes you too. He doesn't really act this way around other girls."

"Mika and Daishō said to go for it too," I mumble.

"What I didn't hear you? I was eating my chips."

"Nothing," I smile, "thank you Bo-kun."

"No problem (nickname)-chan," he smiles back, "Oh, I should go home now. I have to study for math, I didn't do so good on my last test."

"Didn't you fail your last test?"

He pouts, "Yea that's why I need to study. Good luck with Kuroo, I hope you two end up together."

"Good luck with your math, I'd offer some help but I'm not strong in math either."

"Okay, thanks for the offer though," he says walking out, "Oh also I texted Kuroo to come here, he'll be here in half an hour so confess."

"BOKUTO, YOU SNAKE."

"You're the snake, I don't go to Nohebi, I'm an owl," he says proudly.

"YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. I AM NOT READY."

"Yea you are, don't stress about it," he beams, "You'll do great, but I seriously have to go now. Good luck (nickname)-chan."

"Bye Bo-kun."

He waves one last time before leaving. His intentions were good, but wow I am stressed out now. How am I even supposed to confess? I've never done anything like this before.

I start watering my plants to try and de-stress and come up with an idea when my eyes land on the red hydrangeas. He really likes these flowers.

I take a pair of scissors and cut off the prettiest hydrangeas to give to him. Hopefully this works. I check my phone and see that twenty minutes have passed since Bokuto left.

Kuroo should be here any minute now.