4

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

Kuroo's POV

The sound of my alarm is something I will always hate. Morning people, I hate you too. How do they have so much energy, like please spare some. My alarm is a reminder that I cannot sleep all day and I actually have stuff to do. Sometimes I do wanna just sleep all day, being captain of the volleyball team and keeping up with my homework is tiring. But this is my life, and even though it is a lot, I wouldn't change anything about it.

I start getting dressed to go to school. I take a shower, brush my teeth, and the basic hygienic stuff and all. I even try and fix my bed hair, no matter what I try I guess it will always haunt me. I start getting dressed, until I notice a slip of paper fall out of my uniform. I smile to myself as I remember what is written on the paper.

'I'll text her during volleyball practice, that way I don't disturb her during school.' I think.

It's not like I would usually text random girls I meet, this is one of the few times it has actually worked, where I got the confidence to ask and then got the number. I think it would just be cool to get to know her better, she seems cool. Also she goes to Nohebi, so she might know stuff about the volleyball team, however, spying on their team might be too snake-like for me.

I grab the bento I packed the day before for lunch and start to prepare my breakfast. I just make a simple omelette for myself, and another one to give to Kenma as we go to school.

I leave a little earlier than usual after eating, and wait for Kenma at his house. He comes out a couple minutes later, I give him his rolled omelette and we start walking to school.

We finally reach school and split ways. The day is then filled with boring lectures about different subjects, until I decide to text her. I know she is in class too, but maybe she would reply, unless she gave me a fake number.

[~l/n y/n (girl from convenience store) ~]

um hey, i'm that guy who asked for your number - yesterday night, just wanted to say hi so you have my contact
also i'm DYING from boredom in my class so yea -

[~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~]

I leave my phone on my lap while I continue to take notes, hoping for a reply. A few minutes passed and there was no reply, I am not offended or anything, we are supposed to be in school learning right now. I place my phone back into my bag and suffer through the rest of the lesson.

Once all my classes end, I go to the change rooms to get ready for volleyball practice. I have to teach Lev how to receive properly, which is going to be such a pain. At least Yaku will be suffering with me. Before I change, I take out my phone and check my messages. Nothing from her, I frown and place it back in my bag.

Volleyball practice goes by as usual. Yamamoto keeps talking about 'having guts', Kenma tries being lazy with some of his receives and I call him out, Fukunaga says some puns, and Lev gets basically beat up by Yaku.

We start playing 2 vs 2, and everything is normal. Since I was on break, I check my phone and notice that she has texted me back.

[~l/n y/n (girl from convenience store) ~]

um hey, i'm that guy who asked for your number - yesterday night, just wanted to say hi so you have my contact
also i'm DYING from boredom in my class so yea - 

l/n
- ahhh i'm sorry kinda late reply, i'm too scared to text during class lol
- but yea maybe i should've, my class was super boring too

aw :( -
well it's the weekend now, no more classes to - stuDIE for lol

[~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~]

"Kuroo-kun, we're still in practice, put your phone away," Coach Naoi says.

"Kuroo-san, did you get the number of the girl from the convenience store where we got meat buns?" Yamamoto asks looking over my shoulder at my phone. "That could've been me if you didn't stop me."

"Like you have the confidence to do that," Kenma tells him.

"Hey, okay that wouldn't have been me, but at least she would've talked to me."

"I'm sorry, I'll put it away right now, and Yamamoto no offence but that would never be you, you were too scared to ask Shimizu-san what her name was and had to ask Tanaka what it was." I say while putting my phone away.

"Is that true Kuroo-san?" Lev asks.

"Oi, Lev, I didn't say you could stop practicing your receives," Yaku yells at him, "and Kuroo you were supposed to help me. Get off your phone, she's probably texting you so you continue shopping at her store."

"Yakkun that was harsh, and yes it is true Lev, Yamamoto was too scared. Now let's continue receiving drills. Everyone else continue the 2 vs 2 matches." I say.

The rest of practice ends smoothly. No one is talking about how I got the l/n's number so I think I'm good. I change out of my clothes and walk home with Kenma.

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

I finally finish all my homework and start getting ready for bed. I do all the usual things and check my phone

[~l/n y/n (girl from convenience store) ~]

aw :( -
well it's the weekend now, no more classes to - stuDIE for lol

l/n
- yea that's true, except for homework.
- i also have to work more on weekends though.

oh, maybe i'll visit you then, and make your - weekend better lol
it's your parents store right, maybe i shouldn't - visit then just to be safe
i wouldn't want to get you in trouble because -           a certain beautiful third year came to visit you ;)

[~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~]

Oh shit, I shouldn't have said that, she's gonna think I'm weird or like self obsessed now. Damn it. I hope she never replies, but just my luck, seconds later she responds.

[~l/n y/n (girl from convenience store) ~]

l/n
- beautiful boy 👀
- i mean if i saw a beautiful boy, with hair that sticks straight up some how, i think i would faint immediately
- like teach me your gravity-defying hair ways 🤩🤩

say less, i'm on my way -

l/n
- okay i'll be waiting ;)

okay but when i  come there be ready for my -       three hour lecture how my hair "defies gravity"

l/n
- okay lol, i'll bring paper and everything to take notes
- i'm gonna sleep now though, so gn :)

gnn :) -
*read*

[~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~]

I smile softly to myself and put my phone on charge. Damn it, maybe I am falling for her.