13

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

y/n POV

"y/n-chan, you've been looking really happy today," Mika says sitting down at the table.

"Yea, I'm going to Nekoma's practice match today, so I excited to see them again."

"Make sure you spy on them and tell us everything," Daishō says.

"Daishō-san, you are the reason everyone hates our school," I say looking over to him.

"That's mean l/n-san."

"Yea y/n-chan, that was a little harsh," Mika says.

"Hey hey, I was just joking around, it's not like I actually meant it. The strategies you guys use to win are just a little annoying to the other teams."

"Okay, I can agree with that, but it's all part of the game. It's just another strategy."

"Wait so why are you going to Nekoma's practice match?" Mika asked me looking up from her food.

"Kuroo-kun invited me."

Mika and Daishō both looked at each and raised their eyebrows.

"Oya, dating the captain of the different school when you're friends with the captain of your school," Daishō says.

"Yea y/n-chan, seems kinda snake like when you look at it from our perspective," Mika jokes.

"We aren't dating," I say in between bites of my food, "We're just friends."

"Okay, fRiEnDs, yea right," Mika says.

"Whatever, we are just friends, and he just invited me as a surprise to the other guys. It's not like it meant anything."

"Oh but you want it to mean something." Daishō teases.

"I don't know okay. Both of you are being annoying today," I pout.

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

Finally school ended, and I started getting ready to go to Nekoma. I brought an extra change of clothes so I wouldn't stick out in my uniform. I changed and went to the train station. I had to take a train and then walk for like 10 minutes before I reached Nekoma. I was hoping I wouldn't get lost, I studied the directions for like 30 minutes yesterday.

I didn't get lost! That 30 minutes helped a lot and I was only a couple minutes away from Nekoma. I saw people in their uniform around me, so I knew I was close. When I got to the entrance, I saw Kuroo standing there.

"Hey, I came to escort you to the gym, I was scared you were going to get lost," He says.

"That's sweet, I was just going to call you or something and ask for directions over the phone, but this is like having my personal tour guide," I smile.

We start walking around campus and reach the gym soon. When I walked in, I was greeted by dozens of eyes staring at us.

"L/N-CHAN!" Bokuto yells, "YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU WERE COMING."

"Bokuto-san, she just got here, don't yell at her right away," Akaashi says.

"I'm sorry about that Bokuto-kun, Kuroo-kun wanted to keep it a surprise," I explained.

"Well it was an amazing surprise, I'm shocked you were able to keep this a secret," Yaku says to Kuroo.

"Yakkun, it's like you have no faith in me at all," Kuroo says faking a hurt expression. "Okay, but now that the surprise is over, let's start the match."

They lined up and got ready to play. I sat on a nearby bench on Nekoma's side. I was excited to watch, especially because this time I wouldn't have to worry about taking notes. I could just focus on watching the game.

As the match continued my eyes wandered from player to player, but they would always drift back to Kuroo. I watched his muscles move as he blocked, received, served and spiked. I knew he had muscles but wow. As I was admiring Kuroo, someone else walked into the gym.

"Oh l/n-san, was it? What are you doing here," a familiar voice asks.

I turn around and see Sato, that girl from the restaurant.

"Oh hi Sato-san, Kuroo-kun invited me as a surprise for the boys."

"Oh, Tetsu-kun did that?" she asks, "but you're from Nohebi, you're probably spying on us."

"Trust me Sato-san, I'm not. I even said that to Kuroo-kun as a joke but he still invited me. Are you here to watch too?"

"Yea, I was going to help with their manager duties a bit, since they don't have one."

"Okay, let me know if I am in your way then," I smile.

She turns around and starts get the water bottles ready. I don't think she likes me that much, but I ignore her and go back to watching the match. Every so often, however, I catch her staring at me. It looks like she has something to say.

I try my best to ignore her, and continue watching the match. Like last time, Nekoma seems to be doing a good job, but Fukurōdani is just better overall. The match ends with Fukurōdani winning, Nekoma managed to win a couple sets from the games they played, but they couldn't beat Fukurōdani.

I help with the cleanup, but I wasn't sure where some of the things went, so I awkwardly waited in the storage room for someone to show up. Kuroo ended up walking through the door and saw me looking confused.

"Um where does this go? I probably shouldn't have helped out if I didn't know where the stuff goes," I say sheepishly.

"Oh that, it goes on that top shelf. I'll just put it away, it's okay," he says while grabbing the object from my hands, "I'll walk you home by the way, you can't say no."

I nod my head and go outside the storage room to talk to the boys.

"Lev, I saw your receives were better since last time," I say enthusiastically.

"Really! They did get better didn't they!" he exclaims.

"Did you see my cool spike l/n-san?" Yamamoto asks.

"Yea, it was so cool! I thought it was out, but it just barely made it in! And Yaku-kun, your receives are so amazing. It always seems like they just go straight to you."

"Oh really thank you." Yaku say smiling and rubbing his neck.

"Hey hey hey l/n-chan, did you see my super cross shot," Bokuto asks.

"I see why you're one the top aces, it was so sharp," I say complimenting him.

"Okay, everything is done being cleaned and stuff. I'm going to drop l/n-chan off at home so everyone else go home too. Kenma, make sure you don't stay up too late playing games!" Kuroo says.

"Bye guys! It was really nice seeing you all again, I'll come to the spring prelims for sure!" I say waving to both teams.

"Ready to go?" Kuroo asks me.

"Yes, let's go."