Chapter Five: Hearts, Flowers and Butterflies

It was Sunday and I had nothing better to do. I already finished my homeworks yesterday and so here I was, watching an old sitcom to amuse myself. Depressing? No, I was fine laughing with an old disney sitcom.

"Oh my- HAHAHAHAHA," I laughed loudly, cracking up about everything that was happening. "Man, I love those two . . ." I said with tears, referring to the characters from the show.

I put my attention to the episode and snorted in a way that would make ladies from the 19th Century die of shame. 

But then I had to take my phone when it started ringing. The person on the other side was so stubborn – did it not occur to them that when a person doesn't answer their phone after the third ring they could either be busy or they didn't want to talk to you?

Irked at getting my fun interrupted, I paused the episode and answered without looking at the caller ID. "What?"

"Hey, what did I do?"

I looked at the screen and saw Triss' name flashing. "Sorry, you interrupted my show."

"Hannah Montana?"

"Suite Life."

"Okay, now that I'm sure I had done nothing wrong. I want to say - OH MY GOSH LET'S DO IT," she shouted and I had to put the phone away to keep my ears from falling off.

"Do what?"

"I just read your text yesterday-"

I gasped. "You wait for a day before you read your best friend's text?" I dramatically asked. 

"Chill, I had some stuff to do," she said which got my eyebrow rising.

"Stuff, huh?"

"Anyway," she spoke but I left her off the hook. I'll be getting my answers tomorrow and I'm squeezing it out of her until she's only a peel of lemon fruit! "Let's go trash Grey's expensive car!" She shouted excitedly but the word expensive got my attention. Will he make us pay for the damage if he finds out?

"Wait, just how expensive is it?" I asked worriedly and bit my lip.

"Oh, don't tell me you're chickening out?"

"Pfft, what? Of course, not," I denied but I was counting just how many zeroes could it be.

"Don't worry, girl. He's pride won't let him do that. He'll probably just come up with a revenge then you'll get back at him again like an endless cycle. Honestly, this little feud spices our life. I kinda like it."

There was a knock at my door. "Come in!"

"Who's there?" Triss asked.

"Parker," I answered when my brother peeked his head in.

"Oh, let me say hi," she requested so I put her on loud speaker.

"Lunch's ready," he announced.

"HEY, WHATTUP SPIDER-MAN!" Triss suddenly yelled and we both looked at the phone in shock. "HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN A WHILE, KIDDO. HOW'S LIFE?"

I chuckled then glared at Parker when he, too, shouted. "I'M DOING FINE THANK YOU FOR ASKING!" He didn't have to shout! "I'LL BE GOING DOWNSTAIRS NOW! BYEEE," I threw daggers at his back as he walked away. His voice was booming because of puberty and I think I'm gonna be deaf.

I sighed and then started shouting myself, directly on the phone. "I'LL BE ENDING THE CALL NOW," I heard a yelp from the other side and smirked. "BYEEEE."

Then before going downstairs to have lunch with my family, I sent her a quick text.

letz discuss a plan at school tomorrow