Chapter Twenty-Eight: Your Story

Today's friday which means part-ay part-ay. Triss and I have been to and invited every now and then to parties before but eight out of ten times, we sit at home and read some novels or watch some tv shows. It's really not much of our scene but we do enjoy and let loose sometimes. On the other hand, we've never been to any of Luke and Grey's party since they never really invited us. We've heard of it but never been in it.

"So, you girls ready to go?" Adams asked from the driver's seat as I settled at the back. He was a naturally sweet and cute guy, which no doubt is the reason Triss pined for him for years. His brown eyes held mirth in them - Triss' a lucky bitch for getting noticed by her crush.

"Heck, yeah," I answered and buckled my seat. Always be safe, kids. The ride wasn't that long - just me engaging in small talks with the two for a solid ten minutes. Yeah, sometimes when I'm feeling energetic, I just don't shut up. They don't seem to mind though so we're all cool here.

I wore a simple navy dress with spaghetti straps that showed the little cleavage I had. It went right above my knee and flowed perfectly around my body. I wore some white shoes - heels make my feet hurt, I'd rather have comfortable feet in a room full of wild, horny teenagers - and I put little make-up to put some life in my face while my short blonde hair dropped in curls on my shoulder.

Triss, on the other hand, tied her brown hair up in a sexy bun and wore tight jeans and laced, black tops. Adams wore dark pants, and a white shirt topped with a brown leather jacket.

Once we reached Luke's grand house and parked somewhere, I immediately got off and led the way to the door. A floor of dancing teenagers is what greeted us, the dim light setting the atmosphere of a party night. Deciding we aren't for it yet, we headed towards the kitchen. The host and his best friend was still nowhere to be seen.

I went over to the refrigerator - don't throw a party and expect people not to go through it - and thankfully found a soda in there. I took three, handed it to Triss and Adams and sat with the at the counter, Triss in between. While the two talked, I just watched the party go on. Teenagers danced, hands high and body grooving and grinding against each other. On the couch were couples engaged in a heated make-out session and I had no doubt that somewhere up there in the second floor, people were getting some.

I sighed. Half an hour or so later, I'm starting to feel like third wheel. No one's about to talk to me soon so I excused myself, might as well enjoying the music.

That didn't work out.

I felt like I was looking for something and the excitement I had going here had vanished with disappointment. Exhaling through my mouth, I headed towards the back door to get some fresh air.

A few people littered around, cliques chatting together with a drink or couples wanting a little less noise for kissing. I roamed my eyes around the backyard and saw a bench near a bush. I walked over it and just sat there for a few seconds before I spotted Grey strutting in my direction. My chest swelled at the sight of him and an automatic grin spread across my face.

"Hey, Collins," I greeted.

"Stewart," he tipped his invisible hat at me. I chuckled, swallowing down the feeling that nagged me why, when, and how did I start feeling happy to see him. "Would you like some drink?" He offered a bottle of orange juice.

I left my half-drunk soda in the house so I took it. "Why, thank you, kind sir."

"You're welcome, milady," he answered and sat next to me. I felt strangely giddy. "So, why aren't you in the house joining the party? Luke will be disappointed you haven't blasted with everyone."

I looked up at him and said, "Nah, he'll understand." I gave him a smile and he paused to look at my face and I felt it warm up at his intense stare.