Chapter Eleven: Uncomfortable

I peeked through the books and saw him headed this way. I looked around and saw no place for hiding so I opted for making myself as still as possible. Front facing the shelves, I hid behind my hair and placed my hands on top of the wood.

I hoped he wouldn't even see me or if he did, he would only do so from his peripheral view and dismiss me as just any other student.

Sadly, I'm mistaken. My eyes widened when I saw two arms rest against either side of my head while I felt his presence behind me. "I can recognize you from anywhere, Stewart." I gulped. He was caging me in. "You have nowhere to hide," he whispered behind my ear and felt the skin tingle at where his breath graze it.

I have never been thankful to be carrying a backpack. Because right now, I feel like it's my only shield. I felt him move away so I sighed in relief before facing him.

I need to put my bitchy mode back on track. There is no mercy when it comes to Grey, I'll have to be the worst of me when facing him. "I already said I'm sorry, Collins. Look, if you can't accept that . . . then there's nothing more I could do." I looked him in the eyes and gave a casual shrug.

He stepped forward and I had to lean back to keep the same meter-distance between us, sadly, the laws of science do not abide. With the shelves behind me, there was no space to move so the space now left before us was a foot-distance.

Gosh, I hate science. Why can't I go through solid when I want to?

"Uh . . . will you move back? Because there is this thing called personal space and you seem to be ignoring it lately." I pushed his shoulders but he didn't back out. His body was solid rock, where did those muscles come from? I wondered from where my palms touched him.

He leaned forward until our chest were almost touching and I fought the urge to place my hands between us cause that will just ensue physical touching. "Why? Does this make you uncomfortable?"

I gripped my knuckles. "Yes, from my feet to the ends of the thinnest strand of my hair. I am uncomfortable being near the physical manifestation of your abominable existence so if you could move back, you'll save your dick from much more damage," I spat, meeting his glare.

Nose flaring, he moved back. My previous attack on his jewel seem to have risen a trauma and I swallowed the guilt caused by his reaction. Had I done such damage? I don't know how sensitive that part of the male body is but I know now not to target it again. Noted. "Be glad I haven't thought of something to equal your actions, Stewart. But be prepared I'll soon come up with something."

I watched as he walked away towards a different shelf and taking a book. I still stood there even after he was gone. I honestly don't see the point of this threats and intimidation anymore - it's all the same. The glory has gone and I don't think I'll feel more foreboding than I already do.

~•~

My last classes went by in a blur. Except for Grey finding small ways to annoy me during two of them - like poking my back, kicking my chair but aside from those petty revenges, no harm done. However, due to extreme bad luck, I still have to see him after classes. I received a text from Kira, club president, that scripts will be given and they will brief us on everything else.

Like everyone else, I sat on a monobloc chair, listening to our dear leaders talk. "Rehearsals will start next week so you'll have time to familiarize yourself with the lines you have," Dela said, girl's got looks with her blue eyes and to-die-for body. "So when we start, we expect you guys to do your part."

"For the props team, you will also need to start next week so you'll have more time to improvise and be creative. For now, you guys can ready the materials," Kira added and the hour went with us listening to our responsibilities handed to us and I took mental notes for Triss since she wasn't here. She probably won't need it as a member of the club but it's my duty as a best friend.

When I got to my bike by the parking lot, I was feeling out of it. This is one of those moments I wished my parents would just buy me a car. I had to peddle my way home - they claimed it to be exercise and yes, it was. It did help my muscles so I wasn't the girl who couldn't run without an inhaler or the girl who couldn't carry a box without injuring herself. So far, ten minutes of biking everyday has helped me physically, but it'll be nice to have other options.

"How lovely," I patted my bike. "It's always you and me at the end of the day, Wendy," I sighed dramatically. That's the name I gave my bike. Why - are boys the only ones allowed to name their babies?

Once I got home, I spotted Parker being a couch potato. I plumped down right next to him and shove his shoulders. "Massage my feet."

He gave me the stink-eye. "No one wants to touch your feet," he said before putting back his attention on the television.

I rolled my eyes. One of the privileges I didn't get was having the power to boss my younger brother around. "Why are you here? Do you not have a party to get ready for?" He usually does on Fridays.

My baby brother has more social life than me . . .

"We didn't have football practice today and I just wanted to have a peaceful time at home which was happening until you showed up." I shoved him again.

"Speaking of football. What time's the game again?"

"The game starts at two but you better come sooner than that if you want a good seat," he said, eyes fixated on the television.

I nodded even though he wasn't looking at me. The only reason I go to football games was to show moral support. Heck, I don't know the slightest thing about football - about sports! All I see are jocks running around in the field chasing after a ball. I don't understand the rules, signals and I always forget what Parker's role is in all that.

One time I even cheered for the wrong team like - who does that?! In my defense, I wasn't really paying attention then suddenly I heard shouts, I thought everyone was gloating. Turns out, they weren't. Good thing it was too noisy or else I wouldn't have come out with my head intact.

Usually, Parker leaves early for warm-ups then mom, dad, and I go together but then they both couldn't come tomorrow so I'll just drag Triss who probably haven't seen anything football-related all her life. It'll be unsupportive of me if I hadn't shown up at my baby brother's game especially when our parents couldn't.

I snatched the remote from his hand. "Hey!" He complained.

"Let's watch something else."

Then we had a game of tug-of-war with the remote as the rope and trophy.

~°~

Author's Note:

Vote and Comment if like the chapter and the story so far. (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤