Astro Boyd (pt 2) | Gyro x Reader

// mild swear cw
Kinda angsty again

* * *
(Years later, Present Day)

"Dr. Gearloose..? M(/x) (Y/n)..?", a small voice called out. The voice was familiar.. I looked up from the paperwork I was doing, and turned around with wide eyes. My jaw dropped. I was speechless.

2-BO stood in front of us looking the same as when we last saw him. Well, he had red glasses on but, besides that he looked the same.

"Where did you get that thing??!", Gyro questioned.

"I haven't seen you since.. I- I can't remember." My heart broke.

"Manny, get this dangerous machine out of my lab," Gyro says. I resisted the urge to kick him in the shin. I instead glared daggers at Manny.

McDuck's nephew spoke up, "You two know my friend Boyd?"

"Boyd?", Gyro and I ask simultaneously.

"What idiot named it that? Its name is 2-BO,
"And yes, we know all about it. It's not your friend. It's not a boy. It's a failed experiment." I felt sick to my stomach. This was not the Gyro I knew.

"Don't.. say that." Gyro looked offended.

"I know you know what he did, (Y/n)."

"2-BO- Boyd, wouldn't do such a thing. There had to of been a bug in his coding, you said it yourself."

"(Y/n) you weren't there. You didn't experience the destruction firsthand. So of course you wouldn't understand. " I grit my teeth. What's wrong with him?

"The last time I checked I was there just after the incident. While no, I did not see the buildings crumbing to the ground. But I still have a firsthand account," I spat with a sour expression.

Before Gyro could retaliate Fenton butt in. "Both of your experiences are valid-! Can we stop fighting now,, please.." I roll my eyes and turn on my heel to do other things.

While I was away Gyro proceeded to tell them his backstory. I propped my head up with my arm and sighed sadly.

***

Quickly enough I found myself on another airplane. Geez I haven't been on one since.. you know.. I sat in the window seat, next Gyro, Fenton, then in the next row over, the kids.

I often found myself staring out the window, blanking out, on my phone, or working on some project of mine. I didn't say a word to anyone. Not to mention there was a uneasy tension between Gyro and I.

Honestly, I haven't said much of anything to him since Boyd came back. I hate it. I'm sure he hates it too. Suddenly, Gyro stood up and went off somewhere, presumably the restroom.

I let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding in. "Hey,, are you alright??"
I lift my head up and look towards the voice. Fenton looked at me with his brow raised. "The energy has been off this entire flight.."

"Hrng.. Gyro has been insufferable since Boyd's return.. He's being so awful to them.. I hate it.. He didn't use to act like this." I frowned.

Fenton seemed to understand. We began to have a proper conversation. 'Yknow, despite working together Fenton and I don't talk as much. We were always doing our own thing. He was surprisingly nice to talk to.
He had interesting stories and was a good listener at that.