[negaduck has entered the chat]

// guns and mild swearing cw
.
.
.

Once again I'm stuck working the night shift. Not that I mind too much. It's not like I have anything waiting for me back at home. I wander sit tiredly in my police car waiting for a report. Nothing has happened so far, which was odd for a crime-ridden city like St. Canard.

My walkie talkie goes off saying there's been a robbery at the bank. Officer Cabrera is already at the scene. I was told to keep a lookout for anyone.

Not moments later, someone runs past me into the alleyway. I get out to question them. It was nearing midnight and no one should be out at this time. I turn my flashlight on and follow the figure down the alley.
I find the guy to too far down doing something, it's pretty hard to tell.

From what I could tell he wore a wide-rimmed hat that covered most of his face. I shine my flashlight on him and call out to him, "Excuse me, sir, I'm going to have to ask you to step out into the open with your hands raised where I can see them."

The man lifted his head up, but did not respond other than let out a deep chuckle. It sent shivers down my spine. I hear a clicking noise. "Sir. If you don't cooperate I'm going to turn you in."

He turns to me and begins walking. "Oh will you now?", he asks. Utterly terrified, I grab my gun and aim it towards him, not really knowing what else to do. I truly have no intention of shooting or harm him in any way. I'm just trying to use it as buff in order to get him to surrender. He seems completely unphased by the situation. My grip on the firearm tightens.

"Stop where you are," I pathetically bark. He smirks and laughs again; he looks to be reaching for something. I'm shaking badly. My trigger finger twitches and fires the gun.

Bang.

The shot echo bounces off the walls and the guy falls back and crashes to the ground. I nearly dropped the gun once I realized what happened.

"Oh my god. What the fuck have I done?" I run over to him in a mad dash. "Please be okay,, please be okay," I repeatedly beg as if that's going magically help.
More and more blood stains his jacket. I turn on the walkie and say,

"Requesting backup, I- I, bring an ambulance." Before I do anything else I remove his jacket and wrap the gauze from my first aid kit tightly around the wound. That's all I could do besides wait.

I begin pacing back and forth stammering to myself. Not five minutes later my crew arrives. They all rush out of their vehicles and run up to me. They find me an utter mess, I'm shaking, covered in blood, crying a bit.

Officer Cabrera runs up to me visibly concerned. She cups her hands around my face and asks, "What happened?"
Tears blurred my vision and I choke out, "I didn't mean to." Which did not answer her question, but I'm too scatterbrained to give a proper response.

"Uh, (Y/N)?", my friend Joe starts, "What exactly did you want us to see?" He was gone. The only trace of him was a small puddle of blood.
I looked up, squinting at the night sky in confusion.
"How the hell?"

* * *

(A/N)

Idk where this came from, I might (??) make a part two?? I don't know yet-