Astro Boyd (Pt 1)| Gyro x Reader

A gyro oneshot during these trying times..
!! I use M(/x) for honorifics (Miss/Mr/Mx/etc)
// Cw: Kinda angsty idk and v mild swearing
***

"Ok (Y/n) you wait right here," Gyro tells me. I nod and he leaves my line of sight.
I waited a few minutes. Not long after I hear footsteps and my eyes shot up to the door. Gyro steps in holding a little kids hand. "(Y/n) meet 2-BO, 2-BO meet (Y/n)."

"Awe hello, it's nice to meet you!", I tell the boy. 2-BO let go of Gyro's hand and walked up to me.

"I'm 2-BO a definitely real boy! It's nice to meet you too M(/x) (Y/n)!" He smiled and stuck out his small hand to shake, which I did. I let out a soft gleeful giggle, with a dumb blissful grin plastered on my face.

We were interrupted with Akita over the speaker. "Dr. Gearloose I need to see you immediately!", he barked. We all winced. Gyro sighed. He walks over.
"(Y/n) could you watch 2-BO while I'm away?"

"Yeah of course!" He nods, then kneels down to 2-BO

"Be good for (Y/n), although I'm sure you will."

"Of course, Dr. Gearloose!", he chirped.
Gyro got up and gently ruffled 2-BO's hair before he left.

"GEARLOOSE!", The speakers boomed once more, causing Gyro and I to jump.

"C-COMING!", his voice cracked and he ran off.

I sat on the floor and 2-BO did the same. "How do you know Dr. Gearloose M(/x) (Y/n)?" he asks.

"Oh we're friends!"

"I like friends!" he paused for a moment as if he were thinking. "Do.. You wanna be my friend M(/x) (Y/n)?" My brain just received a keyboard spam of heart emojis. It was starting to make my brain forget how to function properly.

"I would love nothing more," I say trying to keep my composure, because that's what adults are supposed to do, right? I can't physically say: ksnsbsjsjdjjwkssns. Although I feel as if I'm going to make the windows xp error sound and have a popup. Have my entire system fail me because of a definitely real boy.

"Now I have two friends!" he sounded like the equivalent of :D!

"Who's your other friend?"

"Dr. Gearloose! I asked him the other day." He's just too sweet. I dunno how much more my heart can take.

"What about Dr. Akita?", I ask tilting my head slightly.

"I don't see him too much.. He's always yelling and telling Dr. Gearloose to do things. He's done a couple of tests on me.. That's about it.." I frowned slightly.

"Hmm.. I see.. What do you and Gy- Dr. Gearloose do?"

"Oh! All sortsa stuff! The other day we went to the park and walked around! And the day before that we drew some pictures." He got up and opened a drawer. He grabbed several sheets of paper and ran back over here.
He showed me the drawings.

"See here's what I drew." It was a wobbly drawing of Gyro and him, there was one of a boat, another of a landscape, and one of a cat.
"Wow 2-BO these are really good! I bet Dr. Gearloose is super proud of you!"

He smiles. "And Dr. Gearloose drew this one!" 2-BO held up a paper with a turtle wearing roller skates? "I told him to draw that..", he admits. I let out a soft chuckle. Cute.

"You're a visionary, 2-BO." I smile at him. Before he responds he looks off somewhere and waves.

"Oh hi Dr. Gearloose! I was showing M(/x) (Y/n) your turtle drawing!" Gyro stood against the doorway. I wonder how long he had been standing there.