Chapter 7

December 2, 2020

It must have been several days since Jin was first taken. Most of the time he was alone, but Namjoon visited him every once in a while. Sometimes he was nice, but others Jin would accidentally do something to annoy him which resulted in Namjoon hurting him somehow.

Once the initial shock of his situation wore off, Jin's entire life now consisted of the four walls around him. The only thing he could really do down in that basement was sleep or think, so he tried his best to sleep for most of the day. It was hard to do when his mind was constantly in a state of tension, so he welcomed the little rest he could get.

It felt like he had just drifted off when he woke up to something touching his face. He opened his eyes, and of course, it was Namjoon. The man held up a glass of water. "Thirsty?"

Jin nodded, even though more than anything he was hungry. Maybe water wouldn't do much to satisfy his aching stomach, but it was better than nothing.

Namjoon brought the glass up to Jin's lips and Jin gulped it down. The liquid soothed his throat but somehow made his stomach burn even more.

"You just had something to eat yesterday so it's only water today," Namjoon told him, taking the empty cup back. He chuckled. "You're a bit chubbier than...well, it doesn't matter. I'm putting you on a diet."

Jin looked down at his legs. They always looked fine to him. He'd never felt fat a day in his life, but now he was second-guessing himself. "Oh...okay," he said hesitantly.

"Good," Namjoon smiled at him lovingly. "You're going to look even more beautiful when I'm done with you."

"I-" Namjoon was cut off by a knock at the door upstairs. This would be the first visitor Namjoon's had since Jin got here. Perhaps he could see the sudden hope in Jin's eyes because his expression turned sour. "Don't think you'll be getting out of here," he said before rushing up the stairs. 

If Jin called for help at that very moment, would the person knocking at the door hear him? Would they know that it meant there was someone being held captive there? What would Namjoon do to him if Jin tried to yell for help but wasn't successful?

Jin hesitated too long, and his decision was made for him Namjoon returned. He ripped a piece of duct tape off the roll he'd grabbed. When it hovered over Jin's mouth, Jin moved his head to avoid it but Namjoon gripped his jaw tightly. He tried to shake his head out of Namjoon's grip but the man only held on tighter. 

Jin tried to let out a yell but Namjoon had secured the tape over his mouth with his free hand. It was barely audible. His heart sank when he realized that from the moment he struggled against Namjoon, he'd be in trouble. But he didn't regret it, he had to try.

Namjoon tsked and reached for the rope Jin hadn't noticed Namjoon brought. Against his struggles, Namjoon tied it around Jin's body a few times, securing him tightly against the pillar behind him. He even tied Jin's legs together. "Just in case," Namjoon said, giving him a wry smile. 

By then it had been a couple of minutes since the person started knocking on the door. Jin was just starting to think they'd left when they knocked again. Namjoon rolled his eyes. He bent down and grabbed Seokjin's aching jaw again, eyes piercing into his own. "Not a sound from you, do you hear me? Or else you'll be in even bigger trouble than you already are." 

Jin's eyes watered as he tried his best to nod. Namjoon let go and stood up, looking down at him. The look on his face was like nothing Jin had ever seen, an expression so terrifyingly angry. "Not a sound," he repeated before dashing up the stairs again. For the first time, Jin heard the door lock after Namjoon left.