Chapter 14

After all that waiting, Jungkook didn't know why he felt so nervous to sit there in Jimin's place, ready to click 'play' on the computer with Jimin by his side. It may have been wrong of him, but Jungkook wasn't sure he wanted Jimin to see the footage. He didn't want the boy to get the wrong idea if they saw Namjoon doing something strange.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Jimin asked when Jungkook hesitated.

"I don't know...I feel nervous," Jungkook admitted.

"Yeah, nervous because you know your best friend's a psycho!"

"Jimin!" Jungkook scolded. "You don't even know him!"

He didn't know why he was still defending his friend when the whole reason they were doing this was that Jungkook was suspicious. It was probably a natural reaction since they'd been close friends for so long.

Jimin pressed 'play'. At first, it was very anticlimactic. Even with the security footage being from a smaller time range, it took a lot of waiting and searching through the different camera feeds before they finally found it.

"There, look!" Jimin said excitedly, pointing out a figure walking to the campus from the parking lot.

Jungkook squinted his eyes and leaned in closer but there was no denying that the figure was Namjoon. "Yeah, that's him," he confirmed. Jimin looked at him triumphantly.

"Okay, well don't get too excited. He hasn't even done anything yet," Jungkook pointed, making Jimin pout. "But good job finding him," he added, and his approval seemed to please Jimin.

As they watched Namjoon walk around the campus, the realization hit Jungkook that this was a major invasion of privacy. They'd gone out of their way to spy on Namjoon, Jungkook even potentially risking his job in doing so. Did he really have any right to be doing this?

Yes, he suspected that Namjoon was keeping a secret from him, but that didn't mean that it was any of Jungkook's business what it was. If Namjoon had a secret boyfriend or girlfriend at the university, or perhaps he started taking classes there, he would tell Jungkook when he was ready.

"Maybe we shouldn't be doing this," Jungkook said suddenly, moving to close the laptop.

Jimin pushed his hand away. "No! We haven't come this far just to back out! Maybe you're feeling bad now, but remember that you saw blood on his floor, JK. That isn't normal."

"It could have been his..." 

Jimin gave him a look and Jungkook finally caved in. He knew what the boy was going through right now and if this would appease him, Jungkook could live with it. He retracted his hand and let the video continue to play.

Namjoon ended up sitting on one of the outdoor concrete benches on the campus. So far, so good, Jungkook thought. Maybe Namjoon just liked to go there to get some fresh air. He started feeling a little embarrassed for reading into this too much.

"Look, there's me and Jin!" Jimin said excitedly, pointing out two figures walking side by side. "We like to walk to campus together even if we don't take the same classes."

As the two walked near Namjoon was sat, Namjoon looked up. The virtual Jimin must have noticed the movement as he looked at the man and glared as he went past.

"Hey, I saw that!" Jungkook slapped Jimin's arm.

"What? I told you I never liked him!" Jimin said, looking satisfied with his past self.

After watching Namjoon sit there doing nothing for a couple of minutes, Jungkook and Jimin got bored and decided to fast-forward the video. Namjoon sat on the bench for nearly two hours. No books, no phone, just sitting.