Chapter 27

"I'll be back before you know it," Jungkook smiled, and then he was out the door. He was running late that morning, he probably overslept after staying up with Jin last night, not leaving his side until he fell asleep again. Jin appreciated it and thought that Jungkook's messy morning hair, which the man had no time to style this morning, was attractive.

Jin looked around, already bored. He really didn't think he could stand another day of staying in Jungkook's apartment, doing nothing, while Jungkook was at work. The books Jungkook had were alright, but Jin liked the ones he had at home better. He missed his video games, too. He didn't play obsessively, but they were always a fun pastime for him.

Jin wondered if Jimin kept them. He probably threw them away to make room for his new roommate. Jin's replacement. At first, he started to tear up, as he always did when he thought of Jimin's betrayal, but then he started to feel anger. What happened to 'best friends'?

Although he was still nervous about going outside, he felt a sudden urge to confront Jimin. Ask him how he could replace Jin so quickly. He went to the window and looked outside. It was sunny and not too cold. If there was a perfect day to finally venture outside, he supposed it would be today.

He waited until the sun was higher in the sky before getting ready. He showered and then chose which of Jungkook's clothes were the least baggy on him. At least they had the same shoe size. He stood in front of the mirror. 

The clothes didn't suit him. Although they weren't as bad, the dark circles under his eyes were still present, along with some cuts on his face and especially the scar on his forehead. Jin didn't like his appearance at all. He didn't want Jimin to see him like this. He couldn't believe Jungkook saw him like this every day.

Still, he already went through the trouble of getting ready and wanted to get this over with before his moment of bravery was gone. He used the key Jungkook gave him to lock the door behind him. He stood back and looked at the door--his safe haven for the past week.

Then, he looked around the hall. He wasn't conscious when Jungkook first brought him here, so he didn't really know where he was going. He took off in one direction and hoped for the best. Thankfully, around the corner were the elevators.

There was already a girl waiting there. She was pretty and looked to be even younger than him. They didn't say anything as they waited for the elevator and got inside. It was then that she regarded Jin. "Did you just move here? I haven't seen you before."

Jin nodded. He didn't feel like interacting with anybody but was too polite to ignore her.

"Which apartment?"

"Umm..." Jin tried to remember the number he saw on the door, but it completely slipped from his mind. He didn't even know what floor he was staying on. "The...the one right around the corner from the elevators."

"Oh!" The girl said, even though she looked confused. "Well, I'm Chaeryeong. I live in 903. It's nice to meet you."

She held out her hand and Jin had no choice but to take it. "You, as well," he said, trying to smile.

"What's your name?"

"Seokjin," Jin said before he had the chance to think about it. Maybe he should have lied.

"Seokjin..." Chaeryeong murmured, looking at Jin more closely. "Wait, you do look familiar."

Before Jin was forced to respond, the elevator doors opened to the main floor. Jin got out and luckily Chaeryeong stayed inside. She must have been going to an underground parking lot or something. "Well, goodbye!" She called.