Chapter 29

Jin felt a smile forming. "When can we start?"

Jungkook looked hesitant, then Jin remembered what started their argument yesterday. "Maybe after breakfast?"

Jungkook smiled. "Leftovers?"

Jin nodded eagerly. Jungkook grabbed yesterday's uneaten food and split it with Jin. It was delicious, Jin ate as much as felt comfortable. Jungkook looked happy. Jin was happy, too.

They decided that the best place to do it would be the living room. Jungkook moved some furniture around to give them more space while Jin got changed.

Jungkook was waiting for him by the time he got back, a big grin on his face. "Is there anything you wanted to start with?"

Jin thought about it, and there was one thing he wanted to learn above all else. "I think maybe...what I should do if somebody grabs me from behind? Because that's what happened when Namjoon..." Jin trailed off. Jungkook would know what he was talking about.

"Okay, sure," Jungkook quickly agreed. He went to stand behind Jin. "Just let me know if you get uncomfortable, okay?"

"Okay," Jin said, and Jungkook gently put his arms around Jin, trapping his arms to his sides just as Namjoon had done. Jin's heart started beating faster so he took a deep breath to calm himself. He didn't know if he was feeling this because he was scared, or because this was Jungkook that was so close.

"You okay?" Jungkook asked, the soft words were spoken almost directly into Jin's ear.

"Yes," Jin breathed. "What should I do from here?" He really hoped Jungkook couldn't feel his heartbeat.

"There are a few different things you can try. You don't need to have a lot of muscle to be able to get out of this. Not that you don't- I mean-"

"It's okay," Jin laughed lightly. Jungkook was so scared of offending him now. "Just tell me."

"Right, so you can't do much with your arms since I've got them pressed to your sides. But, in one quick motion, you can try to use your elbows to jab me in the stomach. Why don't you try?"

Jin did what he was told but his arms still barely moved, Jungkook keeping them in place. "Come on," Jungkook urged. "You have to try harder."

Jin tried again with the same result. It was hard to concentrate with Jungkook holding him like that. He sighed. "Maybe I'm not strong enough yet."

"I know that you're stronger than you think," Jungkook urged. "Stop holding back."

Jungkook was right, Jin was holding himself back, but for a good reason. "But I don't want to hurt you!"

"Don't worry about me. I'll take a few elbows to the stomach if it means you'll be able to defend yourself if you ever get in this situation again."

"Alright..." Jin said hesitantly. He gathered all his strength and brought his right arm back as hard as he could. He felt himself slip out of Jungkook's grasp as his elbow hit the man's stomach. 

"That was amazing," Jungkook wheezed, slightly doubled over.

"Oh my God, are you okay?" Jin asked, worried that he hit Jungkook too hard, even though he was asked to.

Jungkook held up a hand. "No, that was perfect. I'm fine."

They continued practising this move. Each time, Jungkook would resist Jin a little more, making Jin use more and more force until he couldn't break out of Jungkook's hold anymore. He was disappointed.

"Don't feel bad," Jungkook said. Both he and Jin were breathing heavily. "I can resist you because I know what you're trying to do. If this happened in real life, you'd have the element of surprise."