Chapter 11

"W-what?" Namjoon asked, coming over to where Jungkook was standing. Jungkook gestured to the two sandwiches on the counter.

"Oh, those!" Namjoon waved him off casually. "They're both for me. I just didn't have time to eat them yet."

"Really?" Jungkook raised his eyebrows. "Then why did you need two separate plates?"

"R-right. I meant...one of them is for you," Namjoon picked up one of the plates and offered it to Jungkook.

Jungkook looked at it and scrunched his nose. "But it has ham in it. You know I'm a vegetarian."

"Oh...oops. Guess I forgot, sorry."

Jungkook looked at him in frustration and crossed his arms. Namjoon was acting even stranger than usual.

Jungkook had been a vegetarian since they met. There's no way Namjoon just forgot. "If you're expecting other company, you can just tell me. It's obvious that you're lying right now."

Namjoon rolled his eyes as if Jungkook just said the most outlandish thing. "No, I'm not expecting any other company. Who else would it be? You're my only friend!"

Jungkook decided to bring up another thing that was on his mind. "Alright, if I'm your only friend then tell me the truth. Why were you spending so much time at that school? I mean, it's all cement buildings..not exactly known for its beautiful scenery. Isn't that a little weird?"

Both of their voices were raised at this point. "What?" Namjoon said incredulously. "I never went there!"

"Oh, so my friend's lying to me?"

"What friend?!"

"Jimin, Seokjin's roommate. He's been helping me look for leads. Why, is that a problem?"

Namjoon looked taken aback for a second before his expression turned angry. "Why did you come here if you were just going to pick a fight with me, huh? Just leave!"

Jungkook took a step back, not liking the glare on Namjoon's face. Still, he stood his ground. "This wouldn't even be a fight if you'd just tell me the truth!"

"What is this...an interrogation? If you wanted that then you should have just brought me to the precinct."

"Namjoon!" Jungook scolded. "You're being ridiculous!"

"Just get out!" Namjoon yelled so loudly that Jungkook wondered if the neighbours heard him.

Jungkook backed away when Namjoon stalked closer to him. The look in Namjoon's eyes seemed...violent. Jungkook was a trained cop, he knew he could defend himself, but he refused to physically fight with his best friend. 

Jungkook opened and closed his mouth a few times trying to think of what to say. "You- I don't know what's wrong with you but you haven't been yourself lately. Call me when you've calmed down," he said before storming out, slamming the door behind him.

Who was that person in there? Because that was not the Namjoon Jungkook knew. His Namjoon never raised his voice, would never kick Jungkook out of his house, would never scare him like that. Something serious was going on with Namjoon. 

The first thing he did when he got home was to call Jimin.

"Hey, JK. Miss me already?"

"Ha, you picked up on the first ring. Seems like the other way around."

"Whatever. What do you want?"

Jungkook turned serious. "This isn't really about Seokjin's investigation, but do you know an exact time period when you would see Namjoon around campus? It's just really bothering me what he was doing there."