(6.)

April 2020

Melo

Cali officially got that stay at home order, so I was subject to stay in the house all day everyday until it gets lifted. I was able to coerce Jordan into coming over. So her and Ms. Deborah are quarantining with us in the guest room downstairs. They've been here for about two weeks now and they're doing fine. I was just glad to have my girlfriend under the same roof as me.

I can start calling her that...right?

I make my way downstairs to the theater, where Jordan says she is. She said she was about to watch Gemini Man.

"Mind if I join?" I ask, sitting next to her in one of the chairs.

"Not at all." She answered.

The movie starts. I don't know how she figured out how to work the system, but she's really smart so I wouldn't count her out.

"How were your classes today?" I ask after the first five minutes of the movie.

"They were okay. Virtual learning is a pain in the ass, but it's better than trying to drag my ass across campus every hour and twenty minutes." She answers.

I chuckle. "So would you prefer virtual learning over in-person, or the other way around?"

"Virtual learning is better, in the sense that I don't need to have my camera on during the Zoom. I could be doing whatever and they would never know." She said. "But being in class, where people can see my face...no."

I nod at that. She's been doing the damn thing with her schoolwork, I'll tell you that much. She gets it done on time, then takes me outside and plays me one-on-one. I don't take it easy on her either.

"There's something about your jump shot that irks me." She says after a minute.

Well shit.

"Like what?" I ask.

"You have a quick release, which is okay. But it looks funny sometimes." She shrugged. "Especially when you miss a shot."

"Are you trying to school me in shooting form?" I quirk a brow.

She shrugs again, then smirks at me. "I'm just saying."

She did not just do that to me.

"Don't say." I mimic her from a couple weeks ago.

She laughs at that and I shake my head. Her honesty and truth is what keeps me going. I don't know how I would feel about being with someone who did nothing but lie to me. Then again, that'd be my karma for dogging Jordan.

I watch her as she watches the movie. I swear I love everything about her, but I'm not rushing her to say the words back to me anytime soon. After all, she did just get out of a relationship despite dude thinking they're still together.

"I'm a little lonely over here." I exclaim after a moment of silence.

"That's too bad." She teased.

I squint my eyes at her and she giggles.

We haven't seen each other since I slept over at her house. And that was a while ago, it feels like.

"Then I spent $7.99 on condoms for nothing." I tease back.

"You'll survive." She grinned.

"I see how it is." I nod in defeat.

She sucks her teeth, getting up from her seat to sit with me.

"Are you happy now?" She asks me.