(11.)

Melo

We aren't even five minutes away from the campus and I'm already texting Jordan. I missed her a lot man. I flew in last night just to see her today before I head back to Detroit tonight.

Baby Girl 💕

you're leaving tonight?

yeah

what time is your flight?

it's at 8

oh okay

i just wanted to come see you tho
it would be a min before i did again

aww, that's sweet
thank you for coming

it's no problem

She reads the text but doesn't reply. I'm not stressed about it because there wasn't really much to say. I lock my phone and place it into my lap.

"Was that Jordan?" Ms. Deborah asks.

"Yes." I reply.

She nods, looking at the road ahead. I look out the passenger window. It was quiet for a minute before she spoke up again.

"You know, she really likes you Melo. It's not just some random liking either." She glances my way as I look over at her.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I've never seen her so fascinated by someone as much as she is with you. And I mean relationship wise." She said. "You're important to her, regardless of what you guys have gone through."

"She stayed solid throughout. I don't think I've ever met anyone like her before." I exclaim. "She makes me feel different, you know?"

She nods in understanding.

"I just want you guys to be down for each other. Your relationship will be put to the test, that's for sure. But in the end, it's about solidifying what you guys already know." She said.

I nod at what she's saying, understanding where she's coming from completely. She doesn't wanna see any of us get hurt, and I don't want that either. Jordan is special, and her love is as pure as any I know or have experienced.

"She's a good one Melo. And I know you're a good one too. It would explain why y'all can't stay away from each other." She said.

I chuckled at that.

"I told her the same thing when I went over to speak to her." I lick my lips. "Something must've clicked between us if we can't seem to stay away from one another."

"At least you know."

I smile at that. It's good to know Ms. Deborah has our back in this relationship.

*****

A few hours later, I find myself on the way to the airport with Zo. He was driving me there because he really didn't have much of a choice. Well, I was the one driving and he was in the passenger seat. Mom can't do it, and pops damn sure wasn't going to do it. And Gelo is in Detroit with me training, so he couldn't do it either.