(18.)

Jordan

So I rejoin the team and we make our way to the team bus. It was going to take us back to the athletic facility on the other part of campus. From there we would get into our cars, if we have one, and go home.

Jenna is hitching a ride with me because we live together. Alissa is too because she lives within the area.

The bus ride back was quiet. We won obviously, but everyone was exhausted from the week of practice, todays game, and then turning around to (probably) go home for thanksgiving tomorrow.

Like Jenna for example. She's leaving at 4:30AM to fly back home to Florida. It's crazy.

When we finally reach the athletic facility, I get off the bus with Jenna and Alissa in tow. I'm digging my keys out of my backpacks pocket when one of the other players call for me. I turn around to see it was Kyra.

"You have room for one more?" She asked.

I gape a little, but nod anyway. Then I turn away and walk to my car.

We all pile in and I immediately turn on the Bluetooth. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen is the song that was playing. No one can deny their power, and I'm not about to turn it off either.

About two minutes into the drive, Kyra turns down the volume. I turned the music on so I didn't have to talk to her, but I'm guessing she caught on.

"So when were you going to tell me?" She said.

"I didn't know I was obligated to." I reply.

I can feel her intense stare.

"I also didn't know how you'd react." I add.

"I don't even know how I should react." She exclaimed.

I peek through the rear view at Alissa and Jenna. They had on their AirPods so they couldn't hear us.

"When did you guys get back together?" She asked.

"The week before California got the stay at home order." I recount.

She doesn't say anything and that makes me a little bit nervous.

"I'm just...not comprehending." She says.

I glance at her briefly, before looking back at the road ahead of me.

"It just...happened, you know?"

She huffs. "I just can't seem to understand how you came at me sideways for fucking with him, then you turn around and do the same shit."

She has every right to be upset with me. So I just let her rant.

"You convinced me not to bring him around, you were the one who warned me about being with him...and for what?" She stressed. "Just so you can get right back with him after all you two went through? Is this making any sense to you?"

I feel like an asshole now.

"That's really cruel Jordan, I hope you know that." She said.

"I'm sorry, okay?" My voice cracks.

"What really happened between you two?" She asked, blatantly ignoring my apology.

"What do you mean?" I say.

"Melo told me you guys made up and now you're back together." She said. "Something had to have happened between those two events."

I don't say anything, but I'm sure she's putting the pieces together.

"Did you sleep with him?" She says.

I purse my lips as a few tears roll down my cheeks.

"Yes." My voice breaks again.