(19.)

Thanksgiving Day, 2020

Melo

It's going on 12PM and Jordan is still knocked. I don't blame her though. After all the crying she did last night, she deserves a few extra hours of sleep.

We stayed up to almost 5AM talking about nonsense. But meaningful nonsense. She told me things that I had never heard before, and vice versa. There's a lot out there that we still don't know about, but we can definitely learn quite a bit from each other.

I'm on the game right now while she's asleep. I don't want to wake her up because she looks so peaceful. But Zo and Gelo have other plans.

"Yurrrr!!!!" Gelo exclaims.

"What it do babyyyy?!" Zo says.

I shake my head at them.

"Can y'all shut up please? Jordan is still sleep." I roll my eyes.

"Why she still asleep?" Gelo asks.

"Because she's exhausted." I reply. "You're a ball player, so you should know what that's like."

He narrows his eyes at my back talk but I ignore his look.

"Is that why you're on the game?" Zo sat next to me.

"Yeah. I didn't wanna wake her up." I answer, looking back at the game.

"Well, we just came to tell y'all that dad made brunch, if you guys wanna eat." Gelo said from the kitchen.

I nod at what they say, getting back into my game.

About an hour goes by when Jordan finally comes out the room, rubbing her eyes while in my Melo shirt. Literally mine; she took it from me last night.

"Hi guys." She waved.

"Where yo clothes at?" Gelo asked.

I chuckle at the way he says it.

"I have on shorts Gelo." She pulls up the shirt to show him.

"Oh aight." He warned.

She sticks her tongue out at him as me and Zo laugh. Then she walks over to him in the kitchen and gives him a hug. She comes in to the living room and gives Zo a hug as well.

"We were telling Melo that our dad made brunch, if you guys wanted to eat." Zo said.

"Ooh, what did he make?" She asks.

"Eggs, pancakes, chicken, simple food that can be eaten for breakfast and lunch." He says.

"That sounds good." She looks at me. "Did you eat yet?"

"No." I say.

"Why not?" She frowns.

"I was waiting for you." I admit.

"Awww." Zo teased.

I roll my eyes at him while Jordan giggles.

"Let's go eat then, cuz I'm hungry." Gelo said.

"You didn't eat either?" Jordan asks him.

"No. We was waiting on y'all." Zo said.

"Awww." Jordan mocks Zo.

He narrows his eyes at her as she grins.

I turn off the game and Jordan goes to put on a pair of sweats. Then we go to the main house to go eat a little bit of food before the big meal later.

*****

About an hour after we all eat our thanksgiving dinner, everybody is gathering at the court for me and Jordan's game of one on one.