(15.)

A week later...

Jordan

It's my birthday today. I'm 19 years old and I really don't feel any different. However, I'm thankful for another year of life.

The first week of classes is syllabus week and icebreakers, so there was no reason for me to go to study hall today. So I did exactly what I told Melo I was gone do. Stay in bed all day.

I had replied to all my Happy Birthday texts and notifications already, so I just spent the rest of the day chillin. Watching movies and such.

Maybe I was imagining things, but I heard the doorbell to our apartment ring. I furrow my eyebrows and get out of the bed, walking to the door. I peek through the hole before opening it.

"Package for Ms. Jordan Lopez." The guy said.

"That would be me, yes." I respond.

He has me sign off on it before handing me whatever it was he had for me. I have to make two trips to the door because it was quite a bit of stuff. I thank him and close door once done.

"Okay." I breathe, looking at the stuff on the counter.

I don't know where to start first. I decide to open the big box that's on the floor first, jumping back when a 19 balloon comes out. I chuckle and move them over toward the counter, taking out the card that was at the bottom. Then I go to open the other box, which is a Jordan box and a purple breakable chocolate heart with a 19 on it. The last box was a cake box, which was obvious because it's white.

I take a picture of everything set up nicely. Then I read the card, which was a black glitter card with the number 19 on it. I do as it says: FaceTime Melo.

I stand the phone up across from me, before grabbing the 19 balloons and holding them up behind me. He answers after a while.

L: Yo?
J: What is all of this Melo?
L: You'll see in a minute. Add your mom to the call.

I nod, doing that. It rings for a bit before she picks up.

M: If it isn't my Birthday girl!
J: Hi mama!
M: Whatcha got over there?
J: Stuff, but I don't know what they are yet.
L: Let's find out and see.

The two of them teamed up to get me some things for my birthday and I'm quite curious to see what they are.

I sit the balloons off to the side and sit my phone up again. I grab the cake box first, opening it. I grin, turning the box to face them.

M: Ooh! That's nice!
J: Whose idea was this?
L: Mine.
M: It had to be something basketball related.

I laugh as she rolls her eyes. I move on to the next thing, which is the Jordan box. I open it up to see a pair of Jordan 11's.

J: Y'all-

I take the left sneaker out the box.

J: These don't come out until December.
L: I know some people.
M: Had to pull a few strings.

I put the shoe back in the box. I put it off to the side, then grab the last thing.

J: This looks so good.
M: We know how much you like chocolate.

I beam a smile, before opening the packaging. I grab the little wooden hammer on the side, showing it to them.

J: It's so pretty. I don't wanna break it.
L: Either that, or it melts.
M: What he said.