(17.)

Melo

Another week goes by. I got my official NBA jersey, did the press conferences and stuff, got to meet with Michael Jordan. This week has been good so far.

Now I'm on my way to Jordan's basketball game. She doesn't know I'm coming and I wanna keep it that way. In this sense, however, I'm going as a spectator and not her boyfriend. Our beef didn't go public, so people would assume that we're still friends. As far as they know, our break up was mutual. We'll see though.

I got Gelo, Zo, Dmo, and JJ with me. Since JJ has been wanting to see her play in person for a while now, today is his chance. I'm actually excited for them to officially meet.

"I'm not even gonna lie to you, I'm a little nervous to meet her." JJ said.

I chuckle. "Why?"

"I don't know." He answers.

I laugh at his response because it's very rare to see JJ nervous.

We finally pull up to the arena and see the rest of the gang is there waiting. I park the car and we get out, dapping up the rest of the guys.

"She has no idea you're here right?" Zo said.

"No." I answer.

We go into the arena and get our seats. They're court side by the basket, on the opposing teams side.

"Didn't you used to fuck with ole girl on the team?" Dmo nods his head toward the USC team bench.

"Yeah." I reply. "You know she still here right?"

"You deadass?" He said.

"I'm so deadass." I say.

Gelo and Zo's eyes widen at that. I purse my lips, thinking about the reaction I might receive.

Hey, whatever happens happens.

*****

It was a full house in here today, and the game hasn't even started yet. The teams came out for warm ups, that's it. Just from looking around the arena though, I could tell why this place was packed.

"She must be well known around campus." JJ comments.

"Yeah, I think so." I respond.

There are fans with cutouts of her face, and a few rocking her jersey.

"I guess I gotta cop, huh?" I snicker.

"I mean, whenever y'all decide to go public, yeah." Zo said.

I nod at his response. Seeing her get all this love here at USC really does make me think about asking her to come to Charlotte with me. I'm sure she will when she's ready, but she can't give this up for me.

"So my dumbass thought it was okay to ask her to come to Charlotte with me last week." I start.

"Jesus..." Gelo mumbles.

I know he's so over my shit.

"But she turned it down." I continue. "I've come to terms with knowing why she did so, and I commend her for that. I've put her through a lot of shit and it was a little selfish of me to ask her that."

"You think?!" Zo exclaims incredulously.

I chuckle at the face he makes with it.

"In the end, it's about making sure that we're down for one another. Regardless of what's to come." I say.

I'm really trying to convince myself more than anything because it's really not fair to put her through that again. She deserves the world.

About a few minutes later, the game is getting ready to start. They do their entrance and stuff, then it's game time.