(9.)

Jordan

"Ooh! Something smells good up in here!" Melo exclaims.

I stand at the counter with a grin on my face, flipping the pancakes. Melo comes up behind me, kissing the back of my head.

"Need help with anything?" He asked.

"No, I got it." I smile.

"You're only saying that because I nearly burned the place down last night." He chuckled.

I laugh, covering my face with my forearm.

"That is the shadiest shit I have ever dealt with." He said.

I continue laughing. "You're gonna make me burn these pancakes."

"Good. Then we can get even." He slaps my ass.

The laughter dies down and I turn off the stove. I just finished making pancakes, eggs, and sausage. I put the food on two plates, then make us two bowls of mixed fruits and two glasses of orange juice.

I smile at my masterpiece, then look up at Melo.

"Breakfast is ready." I clap my hands.

We grab our stuff and go to sit at the island. We're living in the guest house right now because Melo insisted we spend more time together. Alone. Without five extra pair of eyes watching our every move.

I grin as I watch him eat the food. I got up early today just to cook for him. And he's loving it.

"This is really good babe." He exclaims, a mouth full of pancake.

"Thank you." I reply, eating my own food.

He swallowed what was in his mouth, then looked up at me. "Any word on the college plans yet?"

I shake my head no. I check my emails several times a day, and have yet to see anything in regards to the school year next semester.

"I don't think we're going to know anything until July." I look up at him.

He nods. We eat in silence for a few minutes, before he speaks up again.

"Did you hear from that boy?" He mumbles.

I shake my head once again.

"Really?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"Hmm."

More silence ensues as we eat our food.

That was weird.

*****

I sit at the counter as Melo washes the dishes. Yes, he washes the dishes guys. I know. It's the only time I'll let him get anywhere near the kitchen because he is very accident prone. I have to child-proof everything in this house.

Just as he finishes with the dishes, I lock my phone.

"What was that about?" I ask.

"What was what about?" He asked back, drying his hands.

"The situation regarding Derek?" I dare speak his name, I know. Feels like forever since what happened happened.

"What about it?" He turned to face me.

"You seemed upset and I just wanted to know what for." I shrug. "If there's something wrong, you can tell me."

He looks down at the counter to avoid looking at me. "I fear for you going back to school. Especially with him being there and all."