(16.)

Three months later...

Jordan

Our first game of the season is next week. Tonight, however, is the 2020 NBA Draft. I had texted Melo earlier to see what his reaction was and he replied back that he was excited. I told him that I'm proud of him and I'll be watching.

His journey to the league has been awesome to watch. The fact that I was able to join him on some of it is amazing. The hard work and dedication that he and his brothers put into their basketball careers has been something truly special to see. I'm proud of every single last one of them.

Right now I'm sitting in my room streaming the Draft on my laptop. It's a Wednesday evening out here in California, so that means it should be nearing close to 8:00 out on the East Coast. Melo is home with his family for this virtual draft, so he's within close distance.

The only reason I can't be there with him tonight is because I've been practicing for my game next week. And also because we still haven't gone public with our relationship. We do follow each other on social media though and some fans are starting to speculate a little.

It's cute actually. Watching them play detective to see if they can figure out our relationship status. All they know for sure is that we follow one another on Instagram.

A few minutes later, I'm watching Adam Silver call out the third draftees name.

"With the 3rd pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Charlotte Hornets select...LaMelo Ball, from the Illawarra Hawks."

I can't help the smile that takes over my face as I watch him hug Tina and dap up LaVar. He daps up his manager JJ as well. It nearly brought tears to my eyes watching this all occur.

I give it about a solid thirty minutes before I decide to text him because I know his shit has to be blowing up right now. I don't know why I waited that long, but it's whatever. He'll reply anyway.

Lovebug 🥺😋

Congratulations!!
I'm so proud of you luv 🥰.

I don't sit around waiting for a reply as I have work to do. But I truly am so proud of him and so happy to see that all of the hard work has paid off. So well deserved.

A few hours would go by before I finally do get a response. By then the draft was over and I had completed whatever schoolwork I had to get done. I have nothing but free time on my hands now, but knowing how short lived that notion will be, I don't get too excited.

Lovebug 🥺😋

i need to see you 😩
can you come over please?

I don't question the need to see me, but I do remind myself that I have class tomorrow. Anything for my baby though.

i'm on my way

I get myself ready, then grab my car keys, phone, and house key. I slip on a pair of slides and head out the door, letting Jenna know that I'm stepping out for a bit.

Not like she'd care anyway, but it's kind of a habit of mine.

*****

I turn off my car after finding a space to park. Then I get out and lock it before heading into the Ball residence. There were still quite a few cars parked in the area, so I assumed a lot of the people that were here for the Draft party are still here.

I text Melo to let him know that I was outside, walking through the gate. As I walk down the long pathway, I see the front door of the house open and Melo step out. He was still dressed in his Draft outfit, looking good as always.