Chapter 16

Jack

What does she mean she didn't choose her life?

"What do you mean?", I asked her. Elsa's eyes started to tear up. She looks fragile. She shifted her turquoise eyes onto the window, looking away from me. A bead of tear fell off her cheeks.

"What's your situation?", Hiccup asked. I didn't get to answer him because I am staring at Elsa. She's crying. Quickly, Elsa wipe her tears away.

"It's because I didn't want who I wanted to be", Elsa said facing me. Her dangerous eyes became one that expresses agony and deepest secret.

"Would you mind telling me? I promise I won't tell anyone", I said.

"It's going to be big! I feel it! In my belly!", North said behind the line. Elsa exhaled, clasping her hands together.

"I'm adopted. I didn't know who my real parents are, I've been through a lot of hell and I am told to do things I don't want to do", Elsa looked down. She looked at her hands as if it's dirty, her eyes tears up again.

I felt myself breathing slow. Elsa looks very harmless in this state. "I killed many people. I'm a monster", she whispered. Elsa stand up.

"Crikey, didn't know Elsa's an emotional pup", Agent Aster said.

"Me too", Hiccup said.

I stand up as well, looking at Elsa's teary eyes. She's biting her lower lip, hugging herself. Elsa ran out of the restaurant. When the waiter approached our way, I signaled North from the distance to pay for us. He stood up and went over to the waiter. I ran out, following Elsa. She's heading up the ship. I ran faster.

"Elsa wait!", I called out. Elsa didn't look back, she just kept on running while hugging herself. Here I am, chasing a criminal in the crowd. I didn't know why I felt bad all of a sudden. I lift my head to see where she is headed, I see a platinum blonde hair heading towards the front balcony. The spot where me and Ms. Snow would always go. Elsa stopped there, hugging herself. Her shoulders are rising up and down rapidly because of too much crying.

I exhaled. Running my fingers through my hair, I heard Hiccup asking the situation. "What's your situation?", Hiccup asked.

"I'm done with the waiter, I gave him a tip", North chuckled.

"Reporting location, Elsa Winters on deck. Mark my location", I said over the mic before approaching Elsa. The wind blows behind us, causing her hair to fly in front of her face hitting her cheeks.

"Well done North, you guys head to ground floor. Contact your partners, keep an eye on the entrance, new guest will be arriving at the next stop", Hiccup said.

"Got it mate", Bunnymund said.

"Audio sensitivity activate up to 65, Frost proceed", Hiccup said. I nodded, approaching Elsa. She's hugging herself, I can see how red her arm was because of clutching on to it hard. Gulping, I hugged her back. This is what at least I can do to make her fall in love with me.

"Activating camera from deck one, a to c corner. What are you doing?", Hiccup asked me.

I didn't answer to Hiccup. Elsa start to breathe slowly, I can see that she's surprised to what I did. Her sobs lessen. "Are you alright?", I asked Elsa. Her turquoise eyes stare at mine when she faced me, it's puffy because of crying too much. Her big blue eyes that used to be so dangerous are now... Innocent looking... It's like she didn't stained her hands.

"N-no..", Elsa bit her lower lip. I have an urge to kiss it again. I badly want to slap myself because of thinking this way. Ms. Snow gave me a chance to date her while we are here, even if she have a lover. Whatever, I'm just doing my job. Elsa looked up when I wipe her tears away using my thumbs, cupping her cheeks. "W-what are you doing?", I felt the heatness of her cheeks against my palms.