Chapter 11

ELSA'S POV

Derek didn't visit me for a week now, I wonder where he is. 'You missed him, do you?' , It made me gag. Of course not! Hans is waiting for me! He said he's going to marry me after this mission. I will stick to his promise because it's the only ticket I have enable to get the hell out of Pitch's grasp.

I met Charles Stoic last week, he owns green eyes and is a red head. It looks like Derek and Charles are very close. How about I ask him where Derek is?

Opening the door, I saw Derek leaning against the door frame. His eyes looking to mine, he quickly caught the phone I dropped because I got startled by his presence. I gulped, I felt the heat running up of my cheeks.

'See, you missed him'

Looking around, I made sure that no one is around. "Good afternoon? What are you doing here Mr. Derek?", I asked him.

I admit I'm quite upset how he left me with nurses to look over me. I could have killed them if I want to but I can't. It's annoying how nurses on duty gave me an insecure look. I can easily read disgust in their facial expressions.

If only Derek knew, I held so much anger that day.

"Who are you Ms. Snow? What are you?", His words made my heart beat fast. I step aback, fear invaded my system.

Play cool Elsa, it's just him asking who you are.

"I am Georgina Snow, a historian", I said confidently. Derek took another step forward, making me step back more. He kicked the door shut behind him, locking both of us inside the room. His eyes are analyzing my face. Oh gosh, I'm praying he didn't found out who I was. It's impossible for him to find out about me, he is just a model. He doesn't know about Elsa.

His brown eyes scanning me carefully, I want to close my eyes but that will add the idea of me being an impostor. "Are you sure?", He said. This time, the tone of his voice is very scrutinizing.

Smiling confidently, I think sanguine. I can't let this guy cognize who I am. "Yes Mr. Derek, what's the issue?", I crossed my arms. His eyebrows reposed, eyes never leaving mine. I felt my heart thud very fast, he's so close to me.

My height only reach his shoulder.

I'm skittish on how he asked me those questions but I need to lie more to gain his trust.

Trepidation hit me, I crossed my fingers behind me. I kept on smiling, Derek leaned in. A small smile flashed his pink thin lips. "Relax, no need to be nervous. That was just me messing around", Derek winked.

I slapped his arm, he groaned a little before letting a chuckle out of his mouth. "Wanna go for a stroll tonight?", He leaned back. Derek slipped his hands inside of his pockets. He breathed in before smiling at me. Those twinkle on his eyes. I can't resist his cuteness! Gosh! I badly want to squeal and pinch his cheeks but I really can't.

But...

I did.

"Owwww!", Derek said as I pinched his cheeks. As soon as he said 'oww', I backed away and pursed my lips. Still smiling. "Jeez you reminded me of my sister", he said.

"You have a sister?", I asked him.

Derek's facial expression softened. It turned to a very sad one. I can read it through his eyes. His sclera started to redden, I can see tears forming under them. I was about to speak when he looked down. "Yeah, I have. Once", Derek muttered.

"Let me guess, it's a bad memory.. isn't it?", I asked him. Walking close to him, I put a hand on his shoulder. Derek attempted to move his shoulder away from my hand but didn't succeed because I hold on to his shoulder. "It's okay if you don't want to talk about it---"

"No, it's fine really. She's better of without me", a small smile peered from his lips. Derek bite his lower lip, his eyes slowly look onto mine.

I am star strucked.

His eyes are very gorgeous. I can see his thick eyelashes, how perfect his eyes are shaped. It almost looked like he's wearing an eye makeup. How could a human being exist like this? It's so illegal. There is something about his look that pummels my heart, it's intoxicating.

I can't find a words to say. My brain is not functioning this time. "Hey, you alright?", Derek smirked. I quickly zoned out when I heard his husky voice. Heat traveled up my cheeks, I quickly remove my hand away from his shoulder. Turning my body away from him very fast.

"Y-yes! I am", I chuckled nervously. I silently scolded my heart. "You stupid heart, you beat for Hans only not that stranger"

"What was that?", Derek asked.

"Oh nothing! Nothing really!", I said facing him again and scratching my head with a grin on my lips.

"Okay then", Derek shrugged. "I'll pick you up later at six", he winked and left the room.

Flopping down the bed, I stuffed my face with a pillow. Groaning as I kick in the air. What is happening to me?! Hans won't like it when I cheated on him. Besides, I still got two weeks to finish the mission. What worry me is that.. I can't find Jack Frost. This is more worst than finding a fish in the entire ocean. Maybe I should set up a bait to get him?

I put the pillow away from my face and smirk evily. "I'll change to myself to set up a trap", I said.

I need to make an edible excuse to convince Derek that I can't come with him for the night stroll. Maybe...hmmm..how about ... My wound still hurt? Or I felt ill? Or maybe someone threatened me? I'm lame in making excuses.

I exhaled.

"Fine. I have no choice", I muttered. It's risky but I have to do it. "Maybe shut him out? Or... How about carefully go to a salon here that can change my hair color? Darn it , I really hate it when they dyed my hair to brown. If it wasn't for Pitch , I wouldn't be doing this. I will flee away. Oh well even if I do...he will make my life a living hell", I stood up. Pulling out the sticky note out of my bag, I wrote a note to it. I went in front of Derek's room. I slipped the letter to the door and left.

Elsa Winters, you're on the show tonight.

The Criminal's Lover [JELSA AU]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara