3

"Do you know what day it is tomorrow Harry?" Louis asked. They were both sat in Harry's bed after the younger boy had woken from a bad dream in the night.

Harry shook his head.

"Tomorrow is Christmas day!"

Harry didn't understand what Christmas day was though.

"And..." Louis continued "...today is my birthday!" He smiled. "I'm 7 today! Let's get my Mummy and Daddy up so we can open my presents."

Harry looked confused as Louis pulled him by his hand, out into his parents bedroom.

They were both sat up in the bed. "Wondered when we'd see you." Mark said. "Happy birthday Lou."

The boys got up on the bed and Louis got in the bed inbetween his parents, as they hugged him.

"Happy birthday Louis. Do you want to open your presents now?" Jay asked. Of course Louis couldn't wait to get down to the living room to open his presents.

*********

"Thank you Mummy. Thank you Daddy." Louis said after he had opened his last gift.

He had a fair amount of presents, knowing he would get more tomorrow.

They had breakfast then got their coats on. It had been snowing lots overnight and there was a thick covering of snow. They'd promised the boys they could make snowmen.

Out in the garden, Harry was in Jay's arms. Every time she tried putting him on the ground he would hold tight and shake his head.

"Harry! It's fun! Come and help." Louis said as he patted more snow onto the man him and Mark were building.

Harry didn't want to though.

Jay had a thought and took Harry back inside.

She took his and her own coats and boots off and sat on the sofa.

"You don't like the snow do you?" She asked.

Harry was crying. He climbed onto her lap and rested his head against her chest.

There was a knock at the door. She picked him up and walked to the door, opening it, she saw Florence.

"Hi come in." Jay said, and Florence entered the house.

"Hey Jay. How are you? How's Harry?" She asked as they went to the living room and sat down. Florence took out her notes.

"Ok. He's still having nightmares and is very clingy. Is there any news yet?"

Florence sighed. "Afraid not. He's in all the newspapers and on every news broadcast, but there's been nothing. It's so sad."

Harry sucked on his thumb.

"I really thought he'd be home for Christmas. Poor love."

"Are you ok to have him here for Christmas? We can find another home..." Florence started, but Jay cut her off.

"No! No. Heavens no. We wouldn't want him to go anywhere except back to his family. He's such a lovely little boy. It's no problem, and Louis gets on so well with him."

"That's good. Thank you Jay. You are both such wonderful foster parents. Where are Mark and Louis?"

"In the garden making a snowman. We took Harry out there too, but he wouldn't go onto the snow. I'm guessing he doesn't like it, because it was snowing when he was left in town." She replied, sadly.

"More than likely. Do you have any other concerns?"

"No. He's eating well, plays with Louis. He's just obviously very quiet and wants lots of cuddles."

Florence wrote in her notes. "You have my number if you need me. Any time. Ok?" Jay nodded.

********

Harry and Louis were sat on the floor near the Christmas tree.  Louis was playing with his new cars, Harry was staring at the decorations on the tree. It was all gold. Gold tinsel, baubles and lights, that gently flickered on and off. Some baubles had names on. They were the names of all the children they had fostered. Harry's name was on one too. Harry was mesmerized. His tiny hand touched the tinsel. It felt odd to him. He had never seen it before. He thought it was pretty.

Jay and Mark watched him intently.

"Do you think he's ever seen a Christmas tree before?" Jay whispered.

"I don't know. He might've just forgotten." Mark shrugged.

"Harry. Do you want to play with my cars?" Louis asked, trying to get Harry's attention away from the flashing lights.

Harry turned around and rubbed his tired eyes. He shook his head and toddled over to Jay, climbing up onto the sofa and into her lap. He rested his head on her chest and closed his eyes.

"Think he needs his bed Lou." Jay said, standing up with Harry in her arms. "Gonna take him up now."

"Can I go to bed too Mummy?" Louis asked, putting his cars in his toy box.

Jay smiled and nodded. They went upstairs.

Jay changed Harry's pull up and both boys got in their pyjamas.

"Mummy? Can I move my bed next to Harry's please?"

"Oh...I don't see why not." Jay replied as she laid Harry down in his bed, tucking him in. It took a few minutes for Jay to move Louis' bed over.

"That ok there?" She asked.

Louis grinned. "Yes. Thank you Mummy. " he got in and Jay tucked him in.

"Have you had a nice birthday Lou?"

Louis smiled. "The best ever. I love you Mummy."

"Love you too. Now...go to sleep or father Christmas won't be able to visit."

Louis giggled. "Ok Mummy. Night night."

"Goodnight love. Goodnight Harry."

She put the night light on and left the room, leaving the door ajar.

Louis turned to face Harry, who was fast asleep.

"Night night Harry."

Hello.

Anyone liking this story?
I love Louis in this. He's so cute and lovely.

I still can't get over Harry's TPWK video. He's so gorgeous and boy...that man can dance! Xx