28

Sunday.

After a tiring couple of days, they all had a lie in, not waking until 10am.

They went down to the hotels restaurant and had breakfast, before going back to the arcades.

By lunchtime, they had a stack of prize tickets.

They took them to the prize booth and the boys chose a few toys.

"Can we come back here next year Mummy? I wanna get more toys." Louis asked as they put the prizes in a bag.

Jay looked at Mark. "Um. We'll see." It must've slipped Louis' mind that Harry wouldn't be with them next year.

They found a McDonald's outside of the holiday camp, going there for lunch. Of course the boys had chicken nuggets.

After lunch, they strolled along the seafront, Harry now in his pushchair, sleeping.

"Sorry Mummy." Louis said, as they stopped for a rest.

"What for love?" Jay replied, turning to face her son.

"I forgot that Harry is going away." He said, sadly.

She took his hand. "It's ok. We can still come back though."

"I...I'm not sure I want to without Harry."

Jay's heart broke yet again.

"Oh my darling. Come here." She opened her arms and Louis climbed onto her lap for a cuddle.

Mark looked on, feeling so sad for their son.

They all wished that Harry wasn't leaving them, but there's nothing they can do about it.

*****

That night, they headed to a huge room. A large stage at the front, with lots of seats in rows.

They found seats near the end of a row, so Harry's pushchair could sit there.

"Please welcome tonight's amazing entertainment....DICK N DOM!!!"  The announcer said.

All the kids and lots of adults jumped up, screaming and shouting as the duo came on stage.

"Mummy! Daddy! It's Dick n Dom!" Louis said excitedly. He absolutely loved them, and always watched them on TV.

The show was brilliant. Very funny. Louis was in fit's of giggles all the way through. Harry woke up half way through, pointing at the two silly men on the stage and laughing as they threw custard all over each other.

*****

"Do we have any custard Mummy?" Louis asked when they got back to their hotel room.

"No we don't. Don't get any ideas, you're not throwing that over any one." Jay replied, knowing what was going through Louis' head.

He laughed as he got in the bath. "Can I just throw water on him then?" He said, looking at Harry.

"No Louis. Definitely not."

So they played with their bath toys, splashing each other happily in the bubbles.

It was the usual bedtime routine. A story and lots of cuddles, the boys hugging in the bed.

The both of them soon asleep.

*****

Monday.

They got up at 8, had breakfast and packed their bags.

The journey home went fast, and they were soon back home.

*****

"Is it still the holidays Mummy?" Louis asked.

"No. Back to school tomorrow." She replied as she filled up the washing machine.

Louis sighed. "I don't want to go." She said quietly. "I want to stay with Harry."

Jay walked to him and gave him a hug, as Louis started to cry.

"Hey. Don't cry love." She said, rubbing his back, shaking as he cried.

"I...I'm sad. I w-wanted him t-to be my b-brother." He sobbed.

Jay's heart seems to have been broken so many times lately, this was another one. She picked him up and comforted him, trying to calm him down.

"I know sweetie. I know you did. We all did. It just wasn't to happen. We should be happy he's got his Daddy now though."

Louis nodded, tears still falling.

Jay heard footsteps behind her. She turned and found Harry standing there, his blanket dragging on the ground, his thumb in his mouth, and looking sad.

He pointed to Louis, frowning.

"He's ok love. Just feeling a bit sad. I think he could do with a Harry hug though." She said, walking into the living room, putting Louis on the sofa. Harry climbed up next to him and cuddled up, Louis arms holding the smaller boy, still crying but trying to hide it.

Jay left the room and went back to the kitchen.  She sat at the table and burst into tears.

Mark entered and saw her. "Hey. What's happened?" He asked, kneeling in front of her, taking her hands and kissing her knuckles.

"Louis is so upset. He cried so much. How will he cope when Harry goes?"

"I don't know. I don't know how any of us will. But we've done this so many times. All the other kids we fostered. We let them go and we were fine."

"This is different. He's just a baby. His mother was killed. We don't know if he saw it. He's so small and helpless."

"We'll have to try and be strong. We can foster again. There's so many kids that need a temporary home until they get a permanent one. We can make a difference to more children."

"They won't be Harry though. I don't want to let him go Mark. I really don't."

He moved closer and put his arms around her as she cried.

On the sofa, Harry was tired, so he laid down. Louis immediately laid behind him, putting his one arm over his tiny body, the other under his neck, as a pillow.

"I'll miss you so much Harry. I hope I'll see you again. I love you." Louis said. Both boys closed their eyes and fell asleep.

If only Robin hadn't turned up.

*****

Hello.

Hope you're all OK.

Thoughts on the chapter?

Think it's gonna get emotional now.

I've no work tomorrow, so I may stay up and watch Harry tonight.

I heard that he wasn't well at the last show. I hope he's not over doing it. I don't want him to get really sick.

Anyway, I plan to update at least one chapter on Saturday.

All the love. L. Xx

💕💕💕