30

The next three days went past in a blur.

It was Friday, tomorrow Harry would be leaving them.

Although they all felt sad deep down, they were trying to keep smiling and be Happy.

Jay let Louis stay home from school and Mark took the day off work.

They went to the park, fed the ducks, had a picnic and played on the swings.

Jay and Mark watched as Louis pushed Harry on the swing, both giggling loudly.

They made sure to take plenty of photographs and videos.

They went home, played games and built things with lego.

While Harry had his nap, Jay and Mark packed all his belongings up. He had more things now than when he first arrived.

"Are you ok love?" Mark would ask throughout the day. She would always nod and say she was, but she really wasn't.

The day was filled with happiness and laughter. But behind that, they still felt sadness.

In the evening, they ordered pizza, sitting on the sofa eating together.

Harry picked the mushrooms from his pizza, putting it on Louis', then Louis would put his sweetcorn on Harry's.

"Can Harry stay a bit longer?" Louis asked.

"No. I wish he could..." Jay replied, sighing.

"It's not fair. I wanted him to be my brother."

"I know you did."

Louis put an arm around Harry's shoulder.

"Can we still see him when he goes?"

"I don't think so. He's going to live in London. Maybe we can keep in contact by phone or something. I'll ask Robin." Mark replied, noticing Jay wiping a tear away.

Harry sat next to Louis playing with his Spiderman doll.

"You can keep that if you want to." Louis said to him, pointing at the toy.

Harry carried on playing.

"Why isn't he sad? Doesn't he want to stay with us?"

"He might not understand. He's only little. I think he does want to stay. He obviously loves you." Mark said.

Jay looked at the clock on the wall. "Bathtime boys." She said, standing up.

She picked Harry up, hugging him, before taking them both up to the bathroom.

The bath was full of strawberry scented bubbles. The two boys sat, splashing and playing as usual.

"You can take one of the ducks too Harry. You choose which one."

He lined the three ducks in between them. "Which one do you want?"

They were green, blue and yellow. Harry picked up the blue one and held it to his chest. "Wack wack."

Louis and Jay smiled.

"Good choice." She said.

*****

Jay left the boys in bed after saying goodnight.

They cuddled up together, like they always did.

"Harry, I wish you could stay with us. You've been my best friend. I won't ever forget you. I hope you have fun with your Daddy." Louis whispered.

Harry nodded, moving closer, putting his tiny hand in Louis'.

"Love Lou." Harry whispered, before falling asleep.