29

"Please Mummy. I have a tummy ache." Louis Complained as he got dressed.

"I know that's not true. You told me yesterday that you didn't want to go. You have to. I'm sorry." Jay replied, handing him his jumper.

He sighed and put the jumper on. He sat at the kitchen table next to Harry.

Jay's phone rang as the boys quietly ate their breakfast.

"Hello?
Oh hello Mr Hemsworth.
Yes.
.......
OK.
Yes.
Thanks for letting me know.
See you soon. Goodbye."

She hung up the phone and looked at Harry.

"Are you ok Mummy?" Louis asked.

"Yes. Yes I'm fine thank you." She replied and turned away so she didn't cry again.

*****

It was a bit of a struggle to get Louis to school. Eventually he went, not happily.

Once Jay and Harry were back home, she called Mark.

"Mr Hemsworth called."

"What did he say?"

"That Harry is leaving us on Saturday."

"Oh OK. Are you alright?"

"Not really. I have to go. Harry needs me." She lied.

"Ok love. See you tonight."

Jay ended the call and sat in the kitchen.

She regained her composure before going into the living. Harry was sat on the floor playing with Louis' Spiderman doll.

"Whatcha doing darling?" She said, sitting on the floor next to him.

He lifted the doll so she could see it.

"Oh. I forgot who this is. Do you know?"

He nodded.

"Can you tell me?"

Harry paused for a few seconds, thinking.

"S...Sp...Spi-ma." He whispered, barely loud enough for her to hear.

"Oh yes that's right, Spiderman."

He smiled and went back to playing.

She sat and watched him for a while, joining in now and then, making comments and trying to get him to say more. He didn't.

After lunch, Harry had his usual nap.

As he slept, Jay got one of Harry's boxes out and looked through it.

It was full of Harry's baby photo's, christening bracelet, little boxes with his first tooth and hair cut clipping. Anne looked happy in the photos of her with Harry. They looked so alike, with the same smile and nose. She had never seen Harry smile the same as he was in these photos.

Jay felt sad. How could anyone be so cruel to deprive such a lovely little boy of his Mother.

That monster deserves life imprisonment. If the British justice system had any common sense, thats exactly what he'll get.

Harry stirred on the sofa beside her. She quickly put the boxes back in the cupboard.

"Hello sleepy head." She said, stroking through his blonde hair as he woke.

He gave her a small smile and rubbed his eyes, crawling over into her lap.

He settled down and rested his head against her chest.

"You're such a good boy. So lovely." She whispered.

He hummed softly.

*****