4

Christmas day 1996...

The snow had fallen even more overnight in Doncaster.

It was now at least one foot deep.

Inside the Tomlinson's home, the heating had kicked in, warming the whole house, ready for the special day.

Up in the boys bedroom, Louis laid in Harry's bed, cuddled up together, keeping each other warm under the duvet.

It was 7am when Mark woke. He was downstairs, making sure the boys presents were in easy reach.

He made two mugs of tea and went into the living room, just as Jay appeared.

"They're still asleep. I won't wake them." She said as she sat down next to her husband. "Happy Christmas love."

"Happy Christmas Jay."

*******

Upstairs...Louis was just waking up. It was the best night sleep he had in a long while. Added bonus was that Harry also slept right through the night.

Louis sat up in bed and poked Harry. "Harry! Wake up! It's Christmas day!" He yelled, a bit too loudly for Harry, who screwed his face up and covered his ears.

"Come on get up!" He yelled again.

"Lou...not so loud please." Jay said as she walked into the room, after hearing Louis yelling.

"Sorry Mummy. It's Christmas day!"

Jay laughed. "I know. Let's go see what Santa bought you. Harry...you getting up now."

He rubbed his eyes and sat up, crawling to the edge of the bed. His pull up was soaked, and had wet his pyjamas and sheets. "Let's clean you up first."

*******

"Wow! Look what I got!" Louis said, shoving a box of lego in Harry's face.

Harry had never seen the colourful bricks before. He had no idea what it was.

He touched the golden tinsel on the tree as Louis opened another present.

"Harry. There's presents for you too. Shall I help you open them?" Mark asked.

Harry looked confused.

Mark got on the carpet next to the boys and took a present with Harry's name on. "You rip the paper off like this."

Mark pulled at the paper, as Harry watched.

"Ooh you got a Teddy. That's nice." Louis said, grinning.

Harry smiled and took the bear from Mark's hands.

"You want to open this one?" He asked, handing Harry another present.

Harry nodded and ripped the paper off.

It was a colouring book and crayons.

The presents were all opened and the boys were sat amongst their gifts, showing each other.

Harry seemed happy.

*******

They spent the day watching Christmas films on TV.  At 6pm they sat down for dinner.

Turkey, potatoes, parsnips, and lots of veggies filled their plates.
They pulled crackers, Harry didn't like the bangs. He nearly fell out of his seat when the first one was pulled, and refused to pull the one Louis held out to him.

Harry didn't eat much. His tummy got full quickly. He sat and waited patiently for the others to finish.

"Mummy." He whimpered, rubbing his tired eyes. It had been a long day.

Jay and Mark looked at each other, sadly. The boy was obviously missing his Mummy.

Jay picked him up out of his seat and cuddled him.

Harry cried silently against her.

Jay rocked him until he fell asleep.

"Is it bedtime Mummy?" Louis asked, seeing Harry was asleep.

"Not yet sweetheart. Harry just missed his nap and he's worn out. We'll just watch another film, then it'll be bedtime. Ok?"

Louis nodded and climbed down from his chair, running into the living room, making himself comfy under a blanket on the sofa.

Jay sat down beside him.

Louis pulled his blanket over, so it covered Harry more than himself. He really cared for his new friend.

Two hours later and the film ended. Louis was already half asleep when Mark carried him up to bed.

Both boys were tucked up and asleep now.

*******

Jay and Mark were watching the ten o'clock news.

"There's still no news on the whereabouts of the family of the two year old boy, known only as Harry, who was found in Doncaster town centre a week ago. Police have distributed leaflets and posters in the town and surrounding areas. The boy was found outside McDonald's in the town centre. Despite countless announcements at the time he was found, nobody came forward to collect him.
He had no belongings, apart from the clothes he wore. A piece of paper with him name and date of birth, February 1st 1994, was later found in his coat pocket.
He is currently in a foster home. Police are continuing their enquiries in the hope of finding the boys family. " the newsreader announced. Pictures of Harry shown on the screen.

Jay wiped a tear away, as she hugged Mark.

"Don't cry love. Someone will come forward. Someone must know who Harry is and where he came from." Mark said, trying to comfort his wife.

"I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't get upset. He's just so little. He won't understand what's happening to him." She fell against his chest.

"I know love. I know."

*******

Before the couple went to bed, they checked in on the boys.

Once again, Louis had crawled over into Harry's bed, and were both cuddled up fast asleep.

The couple smiled to each other and left the door open slightly.

Hopefully there'll be some news tomorrow.

Hello peeps.

Hope you're all ok.

UK is in lockdown number 3.

How gorgeous was Harry at Jeff and Glenne's wedding? Is he a couple with Olivia? If he us then I'm happy for them. He deserves lots of love and happiness.

Take care. Treat people with kindness.  Xx

💖💖💖