11

"Mummy Mummy!" Louis jumped on his bed that Jay was sleeping in. "I'm awake and hungry."

Jay woke up, very tired. Harry had kept her awake most of the night with his cough, which seemed to be getting worse. "Morning baby boy. Don't make too much noise. Harry's still sleeping." She whispered as Louis laid down for a cuddle.

"Sorry Mummy. Is Harry still poorly?" He asked.

"Afraid so. He didn't sleep well."

Louis was sad. He didn't want Harry to be sick. He got up and wandered to Harry's bed, seeing the little boy cuddled up with his Teddy and blanket. He looked very pale. He was still sweating a lot and had a frown on his face. He must've sensed Louis was standing there watching him, as his eyes opened.

"Hello Harry. How do you feel?" He asked.

Harry coughed and sniffed. His nose was running now. His eyes looked dull and wet.

"It's ok. Mummy will look after you." He touched Harry's arm to give him some reassurance.

"Hey Harry. Let's get you up now. I'll make a Doctor's appointment soon, get you feeling better." Jay said as she pulled his bedsheets back.

Louis moved over so she could pick Harry up. He was soaked in sweat, and his pull up was soaked too.

"Oh dear. Let's get you cleaned up. Louis can you get dressed while I see to him?"

Louis nodded. "Yes Mummy." She smiled and took Harry to the bathroom.

She filled the sink up with warm water and stood Harry on the floor, taking off the t shirt she had put him in during the night. Then removed his pull up. She sat him on the toilet, where he did a little wee.

"Just going to give you a quick wash darling." She said softly. Harry nodded.

She washed his body gently. Then placed him in a new pull up. When she was done, she picked him up and he rested his head against her, too tired to do anything else.

She put a clean top on but left his bottom half uncovered. "You ready Lou?" She asked.

"Yes Mummy. I'm ready. Wish I could stay home to look after Harry."

"That's so kind Lou, but you need to go to school." She replied.

They went downstairs. Harry sat on his booster seat at the table next to Louis.

Jay gave them breakfast. Louis ate his up, asking for seconds, but Harry didn't even touch his. He kept coughing.

"I don't like him coughing Mummy."

"Me neither. Hopefully the Doctor will give him something to stop it quickly.

Harry rubbed his eyes and yawned. He was so, so tired. As Jay was washing up, he placed his head on the table and fell asleep.

"Mummy. Look. Harry's sleeping again." Louis said, making Jay turn around.

"He's exhausted. Poor boy. I'm surprised you're not tired too."

"Oh. But I am. Can I go back to bed please?" Louis said, faking a yawn and stretching his arms above his head. Jay smiled.

"Sorry Lou. We need to go soon." She responded, picking up her phone to call the Doctor's surgery.

Louis frowned. He just wanted to stay home to look after Harry.

Jay made the call and managed to get an early appointment. They would go to the surgery straight after dropping Louis off at school.

"Come on Doctor Louis. Time to go." She said.

She picked Harry up off of his seat and managed to get some trousers on him without waking him.

Louis brushed his teeth and put his coat on and they headed out to the car.

*****

"Bye Louis. Have a nice day. See you later." Jay said, giving him a hug and cheek kisses.

"Bye Mummy. Bye Harry. " He replied, even though Harry was still asleep.

He went into the school and Jay headed off to see the Doctor.

*****

Harry was awake, sat on Jay's lap, while the Doctor examined him.

He was still coughing, which at the moment was good, as it meant the Doctor could hear just how bad his cough is.

"His chest sounds quite congested." The Doctor told her, as he listened through his stethoscope. "How long as he been like this?"

"Only since yesterday. It seemed to start very suddenly."

He took Harry's temperature and checked his throat. "Has he been eating and drinking alright?"

"He's been drinking lots, but won't eat anything."

"I'm not surprised. His throat is very inflamed. Looks like he has tonsillitis and a chest infection. I'll give him some antibiotics. You need to keep him hydrated, and maybe try him with some soup or something that's smoothe so it doesn't hurt his throat."

Jay nodded as Harry's eyes closed again, exhausted from the coughing fit he just had.

The Doctor handed over the prescription and she thanked him, before leaving.

*****

They stopped off at the chemist and Jay got Harry's medicine. They were soon home. Harry was laying on the sofa, after taking his first dose. He didn't like the taste. It made him gag. But he took it like a good boy, because he knew it would make him better.

Jay sat close by, reading her book, as Harry slept. He woke a few times, coughing or crying because his throat hurt. He had lots of cuddles though, which seemed to soothe him.

At 2.45, Jay had to wake him up so they could collect Louis from school.

"I'm sorry little one, we need to go get Louis now."

Hearing Louis' name made Harry smile the smallest smile. He was missing his friend so much, always did when he was at school. But he missed him more today. He liked his cuddles so much.

*****

They arrived at the school right on 3pm and Louis ran straight to them in the playground. He touched Harry leg, gently. "Is Harry better now Mummy?" Was the first thing he said.

"Not yet sweetheart. Soon. He's got special medicine. You can help him take it.

Louis nodded, enthusiastically.

They got in the car and Jay drove them home.

*****

Once inside, Harry laid back on the sofa, and Doctor Louis took care of him.

He gave him his medicine. Helped feed him some vanilla ice cream, to cool his sore throat. He read him a story as they cuddled up. He filled his water bottle up when he drank it all. He even helped Jay to change his pull up when he wet it.

He just wanted to care for the tiny boy. Wanted to make him feel a part of his wonderful loving family. To help him to not feel alone.

To show him that he's loved.

*****

Awwww.
I liked writing this. Hope you liked reading it?

I love how Louis takes care of Harry. It's so cute.

Thoughts on the chapter?

Louis playing at his festival tonight. Hope he has a great time.

Hope you're all OK? All the love. L. Xx

💕💕💕