23

That week was the longest ever for the Tomlinson's.

Harry was very withdrawn. I mean, he was never outgoing to start with, but it was just like he wasn't even there.

He wouldn't play with Louis. Took no interest in the books he would have read to him. Hardly ate. Avoided his potty.

He was still clingy though. Even with Mark, who he usually wasn't clingy with.

So it was a relief when Friday finally arrived.

9 in the morning, Louis was dropped off at school.

At 10, Mark, Jay and Harry arrived at the Doctor's surgery.

The next hour was stressful for all 3 of them. The Doctor said that all of what Harry has gone through has definitely given him separation anxiety. He may never stop having it.

He needs to keep being supported and cared for by them, which was needless to say.

*****

A couple of weeks went by. It was now the middle of March, Mother's day to be precise.

Louis bounded down the stairs, finding Jay in the kitchen making tea. Harry was in his seat at the table, slowly eating his ready brek.

"Happy Mummy's day!" Louis yelled, hugging his Mum and shoving a handmade card and a little bag in her chest. "I got you a present."

Jay smiled. "Oh love. Thank you." Louis let go of her and she sat at the table to open them.

"Lou....I love the card. Thank you." He had drawn her with a frilly dress on, a flower in her hand. Inside he wrote 'to the bestest Mummy in the world. Love from Louis. Xxxxxxx'

She opened the bag next. Inside she found a keyring with Mummy written on it and her favourite perfume.

"Oh I love it. Thank you sweetie." She kissed his cheeks.

"Daddy helped with the presents." Louis said, sitting next to Harry, as Jay made him his breakfast.

Mark arrived home. He'd been to the supermarket to get his Sunday paper.

He appeared in the kitchen, a bunch of flowers in his hand, handing it to his wife.

"Oh my." Jay said, taking them and sniffing them. "They're beautiful."

"They're from all off us. You're gonna rest today and I'm going to look after the boys."

She smiled.

All the while, Harry sat in his seat, quietly watching.

A tear trickled down his cheek.

He sniffed, making Louis look at him.

"Mummy, Harry's crying." He said, concerned.

"Hey love. Come here." Jay said, picking him up. Guilt hit her suddenly.

It's Mother's day and Harry's Mother isn't here, won't ever be here. She took him to the living room and sat on the sofa. She sat him on her lap and he rested his head against her, tears falling harder as his tiny body shook.

She rubbed his back, trying to comfort him. "I'm sorry little one. Your Mummy is always in your heart. She'll be a part of you forever."

Harry cried himself to sleep.

*****

Mark looked after the boys while Jay relaxed. She did make dinner though, as Mark tends to burn everything.

He quickly bathed the boys, letting Jay put them to bed, as that was the usual thing.

Harry laid down on his pillow. He sucked on his thumb as he started crying again.

Louis noticed Harry's tears as Jay helped him into his pyjamas.

"Mummy, why is Harry crying again?" He whispered, as Harry sniffed behind him.

"He misses his Mummy still. Can you look after him? Wake me if he cries again."

Louis nodded and hugged her, jumping into bed and cuddling up next to the teary boy.

*****

Jay went back downstairs. Mark was watching Dunkirk on Netflix. She sat next to him, resting her head on his shoulder. He put his arm around her.

"Jay? Why are you crying love?" He asked, feeling her body shake slightly.

"It's just so sad. Harry's Mum. It's heartbreaking."

"I know." Mark replied, rubbing her back.

"I felt so guilty today. You know...celebrating Mother's day."

"Baby, you can't think like that. It's not fair on you, or Louis. You're his Mum and he wanted to celebrate that. You can't scrap special days because it'll remind Harry of his Mum."

Jay sighed. "We've never cared for a child who has lost a parent before. I didn't know it would be so difficult."

Mark pulled her closer. "It'll get better, in time."

She hoped so.

*****

Another month went by. Harry kept seeing the psychologist. He seemed a little better. He seemed to smile, just a little bit more. He still wouldn't speak though, except for that one word. The word that broke Jay's heart every time he said it.

Harry's Dad was on trial. The case might take a while. Everyone was on tenterhooks.

But then...one day at the start of May, something happened that would change everything.

*****

I am so sorry I've not updated for a while. Lost the will for a while.

Cliffhanger! What do you think is going to happen?

Thoughts on the chapter? I know it's bad. Sorry.

What do you all think of love on tour? I've only seen 2 live streams as it in the middle of the night for me. But I'm loving all the videos and photos.

He's so beautiful. I love the outfits, a change might be nice though. My fave so far is Chicago night 1 the black and lilac.

I'm currently watching Dunkirk for the 1,000th time lol.

Hope you're all OK. All the love. L. Xx 💕💕💕