26

The boys were both better by Sunday.

It was now half term at Louis' school.

On Monday, they'd had a call early in the morning, saying the DNA results were back.

"I feel sick." Jay said, pacing the living room.

"Please sit down love." Mark responded, taking her hand and making her sit on the sofa. He could feel her shaking with nerves.

Harry and Louis were playing in their bedroom when the doorbell finally sounded.

Jay's heart pounded in her chest as Mark opened the door and showed Mr Hemsworth inside.

They greeted each other.

"Please tell us." Jay said, her voice quiet and scared.

Mr Hemsworth cleared his throat and looked at them. "It was positive. He is Harry's father."

Jay let out a little squeak and held Mark's hand tightly.

"What happens now?" He asked.

"We need to do checks on him, to make sure he's ok to take Harry. Check for criminal records etc. If everything is fine, then we'll arrange for you all to meet him. Then we'll sort out when it's suitable for him to leave you."

Tears were slowly trickling down Jay's face. Although it's good that Harry has a living family member, a father at that, she was sad because she desperately wanted Harry to live with them.

"Ok. How long will all that take?" Mark asked, Jay being unable to speak.

"Shouldn't be too long. A week or so."

Jay wiped her tears.

"What's his Dad's name? You never said."

"Robin Twist. Thats all I can tell you right now."

Mark nodded.

When Mr Hemsworth left, Jay burst into tears in Mark's arms.

*****

Mark took the rest of the week off work. He wanted to spend as much time with Harry as possible.

*****

"Where are we going?" Louis asked, climbing into his seat in the car.

"We're going swimming." Jay said as she clipped Harry into his car seat.

"Yes!!! We haven't been swimming for ages." Louis squealed. Harry looked at him and giggled, clapping his hands.

They arrived at the pool and got changed in a family room.

Jay put some arm bands on Harry. Louis can swim a bit already, but put some on too.

Harry clung onto Jay as she walked into the water. It was a bit cold and Harry shivered as his body went under the water.

Louis laughed as he splashed Mark, soaking his hair. Harry slapped his hands in the water, liking the sound.

"Harry. I'm gonna teach you to swim." Louis said.

He took Harry's tiny hands in his and, as Jay held him around his waist, he pulled him through the water, his little legs splashing behind him.

They did this for a short while, played with pool toys and had lots of fun, before both boys became tired.

"Who wants McDonald's?" Mark asked as they got dried and dressed.

"MEEEEEEEEEE!" Louis yelled.

"Not so loud Lou." Jay replied. "Let me guess, chicken nuggets?"