Mischief and death

She felt how Loki became more and more alive, and then, just when she thought she was done saving him, she felt it. She wasn't bringing back one life, but two lives.

She couldn't stop, her powers continued coming out, until both those lives were back. She was confused, what was the meaning of that?

Loki opened his eyes and looked at her. "I knew you'll figure it out." He smiled and Hela looked at him in shock. "Figure it out?! I lost control, it felt as if the powers were controlling me!" The godess of death was freaking out now and she had a little problem with breathing. "Hey, it's alright, breathe. Take a deep breath in, and breathe out. You really don't understand magic. You can't control it. That's as if you decided that you want to control if your heart is gonna beat or not."

"Are you saying that I'm supposed to let the powers consume me?" Hela asked again, looking at the jotun, confused. "Yes and no. Powers are very complicated and I can see that you taught yourself without anything that could help you. I can teach you how to understand these powers. 'Cause that's what you need to learn, to understand, not control. But you can't loose control either."

Only then did Loki see, that Hela was shivering. "But first, we need to make sure that you won't die in here." The prince of Jotunheim closed his eyes and then his hands started glowing green. He held out his hands and motioned for Hela to hold them. When the hybrid touched the Jotun's hands, her first instinct was to pull away for he was super cold. But she couldn't, the prince already had a strong grip on her.

The princess of Asgard and Jotunheim watched in amusement as her hands started turning blue and the hands of the jotun were no longer cold. Slowly her whole body turned blue and she no longer felt the coldness around her. But that wasn't the most interesting thing. Before the snow was shining in her eyes and it was hard to see anything, but now she saw perfectly.

"Did you think that we have red eyes just to look scary or what? It's not just colour, it's one of our many ways to be used to this land. We are allowed to see normally thanks to this." The sorcerer spoke from behind her, finding funnny how the girl was spinning around looking at everything around her. 'The spell should be strong enough to protect her from the Jotunheim's curse as well.'

"Let's start training, shall we?" Loki smirked and this time he looked at Hela and she could have sworn that there was a glint of mischief in his eyes.

************************************

Jotunheim castle;
"Try harder!" Laufey screamed at the guards who yet again failed to find prince Loki. All they found was sleeping Fenrrir, who, as they found out later, was under Loki's magic.

"Helbindi!!!" The king of Jotunheim called to his son, "Helbindi come here!" "Yes father?" The prince that just came in the room asked. "Tell me where is your brother?" Laufey asked. Helbindi looked to the ground then at his father again and said: "Even if I knew where Loki is, I wouldn't be able to tell you, for I promised him not to tell you anything about his disappearance."

Laufey was losing his temper again. "I don't care, tell me what you know!" This was hard for Helbindi, because Bylestyr was standing behind his father looking at the other prince as if he was betraying them. He took in a deep breath and said: "With all due respect, weren't you the one who thought us that a wise and trusted king should always keep the word that he gave?" Everyone were shocked by the coldness of his voice.

If the wiser twin was supposed to be honest, he always admired his older brother. Sure Helbindi and Bylestyr were the rightful heirs to the throne, but Loki always walked with such a nobility that no one dared to doubt that he was from royal family. When something happened he always kept his voice calm, and you could see in his eyes that he knows what he's doing.