Love and hate, peace and war

Loki's POV
Today's my 18th birthday, one of the most important days in my life. On that day fam-males choose their mate and future husband. To be honest I already choose who's going to be my husband. We've known each other for eighteen years, he's my protector and my boyfriend for three years.

Through the day it will be totally normal day, but once the night will come, there will be a big ball in throne room. But before that I have enough time to do some tricks and read books, but since it's not even time for breakfast I've decided to choose the second option.

Before I went to bookshelf I saw myself in the mirror, I still have my night robes on and my hair is entangled into messy braid, that prevents them from getting tangled because then I wouldn't be able comb them. I looked away and went to my library and took out my favorite book: Romeo and Juliet from Shakespeare. I don't know how, but Thor was able to get to Midgard and get this book for me. I've already read it three times and I'm still reading it again and again.

As the time went on I was so lost in the story that I didn't even hear Thor entering the room, he came to me and picked me and the chair on which I was sitting. I don't know why, but he loved doing that. "My prince, i know that you're reading, but you should change into your formal dresses for it's almost time for breakfast."

I looked at the clocks i have in my room and saw that he's telling the truth, I can't believe I was so lost in that book that I've lost all knowledge of my time. I quickly stood up, or rather jumped down since Thor was still holding the chair in the air, how can someone be so strong, and run to my closet took my clothes and went to bathroom.

When I was done with washing myself and my hair I used my magic to make myself dry again, for I didn't have time to wait for that to happen. I put on green skirt that had golden belt that hugged my hips. I've also put golden bracelet on my hands, my hair, that I've left free and was so long that it tuched my butt, was decorated by a beautiful golden headdress and at the end, I've also given little golden ornaments on my horns.

When i walked out of bathroom Thor was stroking Fenrrir behind ear, these two were very good friends and both of them were ready to give up their lifes to save me and that's what makes me feel uncomfortable. It didn't took long for my protectors to realise that I'm in the room again. Thor stood up, went to me, grabbed me by my waist and said: "You're beautiful." And then he kissed me and i kissed back without hesitation.

When we broke apart I looked at him and joked: "How dare you kiss the prince of Jotunheim in day in which he's supposed to pick his husband?" "Forgive me your majesty, I thought I've already won your heart," he said and i couldn't help but laugh. I kissed him again and then we went to breakfast, but nobody knew what I have planed for everyone.

I had trouble going slowly, I was so excited to see how my family will react on my perfect surprise. When we came to dining room the whole family was there, I greeted them and set down. When I got settled in my chair Thor walked away.

Why? Because there's this stupid tradition that only royal family can sit by the table, the others have to go to kitchen for food and they have to wait until we are done and I hate it. That's one of reasons why I'm trying to destroy our meals, so the others could eat sooner and I can laugh a littlebit more. I was eating one of our frozen fruits when I heard a scream. I looked up and had hard time not to laugh, my father had purple face and yellow hair, my mother had red face and blue hair and both my brothers had green hair and orange faces. Only looking at them made me laugh and they didn't even talked yet.

"Loki! What have you done?" my father asked and his voice was so high that I couldn't control myself anymore and I laughed out loud and my father looking at me angrily and telling me to take of my magic didn't help at all. My brothers both looked pissed off, thought Bylestyr the most, the only person on my side was mother, even thought he looked crazily and had that funny voice, he was laughing with me.