Chapter 12 Train Ride and New Friends

Sapphire

3 weeks later...

Tomorrow will be the 1st of December, the day I head off to Hogwarts for the first time. Sure I had been to Hogsmeade but I had never actually set foot in the Hogwarts school so that will be different.

You could say that I have been very distant from my family lately. I have barely ventured out my bedroom since that day I found out what I was. In my opinion I thought it would be better if I didn't speak to them at all so I didn't let the big secret out.

I have stayed inside my room just reading through some of the books that I will be studying from when term starts. They are actually really interesting, it's unbelievable to know that I will be able to do things like create light, open locked doors, lock doors and even levitate things.

I then heard a squark and looked over at the window to see Sydney flying over to me. She had a letter in her mouth as usual from Eleanor. Sydney had been delivering messages to me early in the morning on a daily bases with notes from Eleanor about the school which to be honest was just getting me more excited.

I walked over to the window and lifted up the window pane so I could let the brown bird inside. She landed on my study desk and handed me the letter. I turned it over and pried off the wax before taking the letter out the envelope.

Dear Sapph,

Be sure to be ready at 6:30 tonight so we can get going to Hogwarts. We need to be there ASAP since school starts soon and I really want you to get sorted into your house and meet some of my friends.

Regards

Eleanor

I folded the letter back up and popped it in my draw with the rest of my letters that Sydney had delivered. I sighed before patted the top of Sydney's head. A knock was then heard at the door. I pressed my index finger to my lips attempting to tell Sydney to be quiet. She did something very smart and hid herself under my desk after realising what was going on.

"Sapph sweetheart we know you're in there and you really need to come out. You've been locked in this room for 3 weeks straight and your father and I are starting to get worried about you so can you please come out" I heard mom say from the other side.

I didn't answer I just sighed.

"Well anyway I just thought I would let you know that we're all going out and will be back in about 6 hours" she said and I then left down the hall.

I sighed before starting to pack for my new home. It's gonna be weird not living in a house because apparently you live in dorms. I pulled out my large blue and white polka dot suitcase out of my wardrobe and pulled my draws out from underneath my bed.

I started to put everything inside starting with my books which fitted snugly at the bottom I then remembered the book that I was reading by the windowsill. I picked it up and slipped it inside with the rest of my books. I then started to pack my robes, the letters Eleanor had delivered and my wand.

I then remembered Sydney was still here. I turned and saw the owl had made her way from under the desk and was sitting on the chair.

"Sydney you should get back otherwise someone could see you and owls aren't really supposed to be flying around during the day since they are nocturnal" I said and the owl nodded before flying out my window and back to Eleanor.

I continued to pack the rest of my things that I would need for the school year. I then looked over at my desk and saw a picture of Summer resting on top. I walked over and picked it up. I cannot believe that I was leaving my one and only sister behind but I had a new life now and I had to keep Summer safe along with mom and dad.