Chapter 5 Not the Best start to the Weekend

Sapphire

Today was Friday and we were getting ready to study for the weekend. I know boring but I was determined to pass this semesters exams since it will tell me what courses I can take next year.

We were currently walking out the school gates and starting to head home.

"Well this is going to be a boring weekend for me" I sighed and Luna chuckled.

"But at least you're a student who doesn't take her education for granted, unlike some people I know" She replied, looking back at S.J and his little group.

"Just let them be. If they fail their exams then so be it" Summer said and I nodded in agreement.

We all said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. Summer and I started walking home together while Luna and Eleanor walked home together.

This I think was a pretty good week apart from the few bumps along the way it was a good week and we felt better knowing that Eleanor had finally done a whole week at our school and we were pretty good friends with her.

"Thank Thor it's friday" Summer sigh, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Why?"

"I don't know, I just felt like this week dragged on and on. I mean yes we made a new friend but I think we were just sat in english class just then for ages" She replied and I chuckled

"Yeah I noticed you started to zone out towards the end of the class"

She just gave me a look before continuing to walk home.

🎤🎤🎤🎤

We got home and walk through the door. I looked in the kitchen and saw mom and dad talking quietly. I also noticed that Summer had already gone upstairs.

I went to follow her but when I got halfway up I took a slip and fell back down the stairs. I instantly felt a really bad pain coming from my right ankle.

"Girls what happened?" I heard mom say from the stairs but before I could answer I heard my sister coming back shouting my name.

"Sapph? Are you ok?" I heard her yell from the top of the stairs.

"Oh my gods Sapph!" My sister yelled after seeing me on the floor at the bottom of the stairs.

"Sapph what happened?" I heard dad ask as him and mom rushed out of the kitchen and towards the stairs.

To be honest I was in way too much pain to answer but I was also in shock which didn't help.

"Crap Sapph, what happened?" Dad said as he and Summer dropped down beside me.

"I'm fine, I just slipped and fell down the stairs" I said attempting to get onto my feet again but was quickly stopped by another sharp pain coming from my ankle.

I fell against dad, who picked me up and carried me over to the couch.

"Are you alright?" He asked me and I slightly nodded.

"Yeah just in a little shock that's all"

"Here" I heard mom say as she passed dad and ice pack to put on my ankle.

I gasped sharply as he put it on my ankle and took off my shoe.

"Is it broken?" Summer asked as she sat down on one of the other couch in the living room.

I shook my head knowing that I just rolled it.

I have broken my ankle in the past and it's a lot more painful than what it's in now.