Chapter 9 Odd Surroundings

Sapphire

I snuck out of my tent after hearing a rustling noise from outside the tent.

It was currently midnight and I still couldn't get any sleep because 1, I keep wondering where Eleanor snuck in Thors name off to and 2 what that rustling sound is in the bushed right outside my tent.

I looked around but couldn't see anything until I suddenly saw the trees and bushes rustle a little.

I decided to do something stupid and go into the bushes to see what it was.

I moved a few bushes out the way as I walked through but stopped when I heard the rustling come from the tree right beside me.

I looked up hoping that it wasn't a snake or something that could kill me or anything like that.

The leaves then moved and some type of cat appeared and it look wild.

I quickly started walking backwards after realising that it was wild and look like a cheetah. I started rushing towards the camp to warn everyone there was a wild cat near the camping sight but suddenly crashed into something because I wasn't looking where I was going.

I fell to the ground from the impact and looked up to see I had crashed into Eleanor.

"Eleanor there you are I have been so worried since you snuck out the tent. Where did you go?" I scolded her as she helped me up.

"That doesn't matter my question is what are you doing out here it's not safe" she said

"You're telling me, I was almost killed by a cheetah to seconds ago, we need to warn the others that there are wild cats in this area" She said heading back to camp.

"I don't know if that's such a good idea I mean we don't want to worry everyone and have them call off the trip" She said and she was right.

We couldn't have the search call off just because of a cat that really didn't even look like it wanted to kill me and besides I don't even know if it was a cheetah, it's so dark out here.

We started walking back to the camp when I looked up and saw an owl in the tree.

I shook it off and walked with Eleanor back to the camping site.

🎤🎤🎤🎤

We woke up the next morning and heading back on the road again but I couldn't get the thought of what I saw last night out of my mind and the way Eleanor reacted to me telling her.

It was as if she wasn't even fazed by it or that she knew it was out there.

No, that's not possible Eleanor doesn't have a very big attention span so there's no way she could just know that cat was there.

"Sapphire!" Luna yelled at me to get my attention.

"Wh-what?" I said snapping out of my thoughts.

"Come on, let's go take some pictures or are you staying here?" She asked and I nodded before dismounting my bike and heading down the steps towards the beach with them.

We came across a set of rocks and got one of the other two in our group to take a picture of the three of us.

The boy handed back my phone and smiled at me.

I then started to get butterflies in my stomach. Something I didn't usually get.

Just because he smiled at me? Come on Sapph. Here you are getting butterflies in your stomach just because a boy pasted your phone back and smiled at you.